to devs

sprinkle

to devs

Post by sprinkle » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:27 pm

i do not know who to contact , or who is running or controlling development

ive made several posts about the classic server and pm'd whasf several times

the server needs work , which i am patient enough to wait for

however

i made a warrior , and without the ability to synth my own equipment i cannot level , i made it to level 20 solo but im still wearing my galkan undies and a vendor bought axe
the guild shops do not work , and without the ability to purchase tin , you cannot smith

it is mineable in zeruhn but pickaxes are too expensive to buy and they are easy to make , zeruhn also is lacking mining points greatly , the sites ( Areas ) that you mine are there , there just isnt enough of them

crystal drop rate is also too low , and lightning crystals do not exist

i would like to play on this server , but im not logging in until this is addressed , if its not addressed soon , i wont play here

im not trying to be a dick , but im being ignored and would really like to play on this server

Kyousousha

Re: to devs

Post by Kyousousha » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:58 pm

In general, the classic test server lags behind the main test server when it comes to the revision simply because there are only a very few individuals that "play" on it. If you feel ignored please understand that the Development Team is focused on addressing outstanding issues that severely hinder gameplay and have potential for abuse first and foremost, as well as completing partially implemented game mechanics. The classic test server was recently updated this past weekend and should reflect the most current revision at that time.

Thanks.

sprinkle

Post by sprinkle » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:31 pm

tin could have been placed on the auction house for what vendors sold it for , and i could play and make my own equipment and id be on the server right now

i dont expect them to fix the guild vendors anytime soon , and like i said i am patient

but i cannot play , if thats not critical enough , i dont know what is.

definitley hindering my gameplay thats for sure

whasf
Site Admin

Post by whasf » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:03 pm

Adding items to the AH in a programatic way kind of goes against what the old-school server is about. It's about not getting that help, it's a hands-off approach. It's just more difficult right now because so much is still broken.

I'm not (totally) ignoring your PMs, but some of the things you're asking about aren't implemented yet or I'm not going to do (see statement above).

Things need to get fixed but I am not going to modify the crystal drop rate or seed the auction house.

If you aren't willing to wait for things to get addressed and fixed then feel free to download the source and run your own server locally and modify it how you see fit. Right now the project is in development, the test servers are up for people to help us find bugs and fix things that are wrong with the game. Having fun is just a 'bonus' right now.

Once we get to version 1.0 *then* you can ask for the AH to be seeded on the old-school server :)
-- Whasf

sprinkle

Post by sprinkle » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:59 pm

post after post you guys miss the point entirely

adding items to the auction house is wrong and why i stopped playing on the darkstar fun server and worndowns server , it ruins the game

but tin is a low level item that is supposed to be available in bastok and sandoria , its FUNDAMENTAL for tradeskills

i want to test , but i cannot level any further without basic equipment , i cannot kill an easy prey mob in dunes because of my armor

i am here because i dont want handouts , i want to earn it for myself , you said crystal drop rate is 40% lol at that

but i can deal with bad drop rates of crystals , yea notorious monsters dont have loot , i can deal with that , missing quests , bad drop tables , i can wait

but i cannot wait for tin , without tin i cant play

the other guy said population on this server is low , it isnt low

im the only player

and apparently , for good reason

Kyousousha

Post by Kyousousha » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:41 pm

We have a priority list and tin is not on it at this time. Feel free to submit such an update to the guild shops in the Contributions section. It will be reviewed in a timely manner and can be applied to the server that you play on if it is representative of retail behavior.

Thanks.

bluekirby0
Developer

Post by bluekirby0 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:27 am

If you can hold off until the weather patch, that will give you a reliable source of lightning crystals. That should at least partially solve your issues.

That said, I tire of having to say this, but we are working hard without any hope of profit here, and we owe you absolutely nothing. Yes, it is an issue that guild packets are not completely handled yet and thus actual purchases from guild vendors are impossible, but until the game server is a little more mature, our focus is on the things that most strongly affect our largest base of testers. It simply isn't practical to split our focus to accommodate fringe cases.

If you were absolutely dedicated to playing hardcore you could farm beastmen for gil until you could purchase the gear from NPCs (yes beastmen do actually drop gil even though there is no message for it). A little research on ffxiclopedia will tell you where you can find level appropriate gear for your job from a vendor.

If you are dedicated to get it working the way you want then code contributions are accepted as long as they are in-line with retail behavior. Any necessary deviations should be clearly documented with an agenda on how to correct it later.

Faizy

Post by Faizy » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:00 am

There is a old school server, how come I didn't get this memo ? :)

Maffers7087

Post by Maffers7087 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:28 pm

Yes, thank you so much I have been looking for a hardcore server like this for a long time. I will be more than happy to wait for updates. But for the love of god, please don't seed the auction house.

sprinkle

Post by sprinkle » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:54 pm

server is great maf , has loads of potential honestly , its currently down for 2 days with no info , but its been totally stable so far