Question about mob jobs and spells

TeoTwawki
Developer

Question about mob jobs and spells

Post by TeoTwawki » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:14 pm

I have some monsters that are casting high end blm spells (tier4 agas, ancient magics) that should be rdm only.
I looked in mob_pools and their job settings indicate they are war/war...No entry indicates either blm or rdm. I looked in mob_spell_lists and all the spell entries for them are correctly rdm spells.

Where else should I be looking?
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS

kjLotus
Special Guest

Re: Question about mob jobs and spells

Post by kjLotus » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:58 pm

as far as i know, the only thing that dictates what spells they cast is their mob_spell_list (in very rare cases, script can cause them to cast specific spells)

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:48 pm

What about monsters that can spawn as different jobs? http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Evil_Weapon

Evil Weapon in Sauromogue Champaign can spawn either war or rdm, but in the database I see only 1 entry in mob_pools. Whatever method allows the rdm ones to pop is probably where I will find how my mobs are casting aga4s and AMs.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding

Troak

Post by Troak » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:44 am

The spell list is dictated by mob_groups.
You'll have to find the mobid from mob_pools and look at the entries in mob_groups that use that id, where you will find the spell list id.

gedads
Developer

Post by gedads » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:51 am

Hi, for weapons aern etc all mobs with different jobs, i used a simple trick on my server:
You have to add in mob_pools new entries with the other models and new job (they follow each other) and then create new groups and then modify old group number in mob_spawn with new one for the new mob models.

Works perfectly for aerns, but it's maybe not retail at all: I don't know if a mob always spawn with a job and model or if job is given randomly on spawn and model changed accordingly in retail.

If you want to have an idea on how to do: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=993
Check the bottom with ru'aerns different model and jobs

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:23 pm

Thanks so much guys.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:37 pm

gedads wrote:but it's maybe not retail at all: I don't know if a mob always spawn with a job and model or if job is given randomly on spawn and model changed accordingly in retail.
i am fairly certain that a specific mobid will always spawn as a certain job (for example, when camping some NMs and killing a placeholder, it always respawns as the same job)

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:42 pm

Troak wrote:The spell list is dictated by mob_groups.
You'll have to find the mobid from mob_pools and look at the entries in mob_groups that use that id, where you will find the spell list id.
This appears to be wrong. The only field among those specifying the spell id says zero for the mobs I'm seeing cats wrong spells. And is in mob_pools not mob_groups. And groups uses pool id not mob id.

Since there is only 1 entry in mob pools for the mob I'm looking at, and spell id field is zero, and spell lists shows the correct spells I have no idea how its casting the wrong spells.

I noticed my broken mobs are casting only thunder element spells and thought perhaps they were somehow confused with an elemental but nope that didn't check out either. I also have a boggart in meriphitaud mountains casting the same spells - shock thundaga3 thunder4 and burst. All its database entries I can find look correct. I don't understand where it's pulling those spells from. The database says its war, not blm. spell id is 0. Even so, the spell lists say stuff like blink, stoneskin...Not thundaga3... Wtf? m(_ _)m I have about half a dozen mobs doing this.

Man..When I break stuff, I break it good huh?

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:11 pm

Turns out incorrectly setting a mod id (family mods, spawn mods) or skill id (mob_skills) can grant spells as well as unintended traits and abilities. Fixed now, after bricks were shat when Shikagami weapon popped a wyvern and some common low level mob thought it was Mother Globe from sky.

I had mixed up hex and dec values in a few places in some files. I also had a few update errors that tortoise failed to mark as conflicted - and somehow it still compiled without error.