A few more questions

TeoTwawki
Developer

A few more questions

Post by TeoTwawki » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:49 am

1. Is there a list somewhere I somehow missed, of which NM's currently are not spawning? I'd like to start filling in the missing ones in pre-abyssea zones. I've already started checking which ones are missing from the 2009 November update, so I'll be starting there. And is there a preference for waiting till I have their drops and TP moves all done before I submit the pile, or shall I do it in parts? If someones already doing this PM me, I'll help. :)

2. How is the rented chocobo's speed applied? The effect seems to only set an animation. I went so far as to search all script and src files for the word "chocobo" then when I didn't find it hunted down every files that had the word "speed" in it because a forum post suggested I could located it by finding the code for the map config speed bonus. No such luck. I just wanted to make sure bigbird there got the same bonus (or failing that just give choco its own config option bonus).

3. Looking for the monsters base speed to, if anyone knows where to point me.

4. UPDATE, I got it done: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1651
Anyone done any checking if the client enforces subjob level or can point me to where the server handles that? I'd like to add an option to the config to let us change the subjob level cap math in either direction if the client will play nice with that, though I suspect it will not.
Something like:
1 = 1/2 (retail, default)
2 =1/3
3 = 2/3
4 = 1/1 (same as main job lv)
0, or any number 5 or higher = no sj level at all! where is your Altana now?
Last edited by TeoTwawki on Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS

kjLotus
Special Guest

Re: A few more questions

Post by kjLotus » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:05 pm

1. don't know about the first part, but submitting in parts is probably better because conflicts with db tables are annoying to resolve

2. the animation gives the speed boost client-side, there is no meddling with speed parameters from the chocobo buff or anything like that (which is why setting your animation to chocobo via @animation will make you move faster)

3. their modified speed is in one of the mob tables

4. not sure if the client enforces subjob level, you can follow the @changesjob command backwards to find out, though

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:41 pm

Thank you. Found the sj math. Tested and client only enforces a max of 99, doesn't care if you move the lv up or down so long as it doesn't exceed a total of m99/s99.

Disappointing that SE made chicken speed client side.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:00 pm

forgottenandlost wrote:Disappointing that SE made chicken speed client side.
i think it's still multiplied by movement speed, though

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:48 pm

On my server its been looking like like player speed rate bonus setting wasn't being applied to the chocobo but that might be the side effect of a small bug. See on my server anytime we click an NPC our animation speed drops, but I *think* we still cover the same distance at the same speed we just look slow? Hard to tell without timing it.

Anyway, the birds look like the run slow motion so I was going to just check their speed. I guess I'll just have to make a few runs between zones later and time it to see if I bugged the chocobo.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:00 pm

forgottenandlost wrote:On my server its been looking like like player speed rate bonus setting wasn't being applied to the chocobo but that might be the side effect of a small bug. See on my server anytime we click an NPC our animation speed drops, but I *think* we still cover the same distance at the same speed we just look slow? Hard to tell without timing it.

Anyway, the birds look like the run slow motion so I was going to just check their speed. I guess I'll just have to make a few runs between zones later and time it to see if I bugged the chocobo.
i think animation speed is controlled by CBaseEntity:speedsub