Use with console FFXI Versions?

namine207

Use with console FFXI Versions?

Post by namine207 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:26 am

Hello!

I know this is probably an extremely stupid question, but I've been really wanting to play Final Fantasy XI on the PS2. Theoretically, could the Darkstar server be used with a PS2/Xbox/any other FFXI console?

Thanks!
Namine207

GraveNET

Re: Use with console FFXI Versions?

Post by GraveNET » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:27 am

namine207 wrote:Hello!

I know this is probably an extremely stupid question, but I've been really wanting to play Final Fantasy XI on the PS2. Theoretically, could the Darkstar server be used with a PS2/Xbox/any other FFXI console?

Thanks!
Namine207
Personally I havent seen the connection client ported to console yet -- but this would definitely be interesting to see.. Especially with the update/fix issues that come into play when installing just on PC...

tagban

Post by tagban » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:58 pm

The only way this would work, is if you have a home DNS server that can re-route the packets.. But I highly doubt thats going to be possible.

And you'd still need to be paying for retail, because POL still HAS to run on the consoles, XBox360, and PS2.

GraveNET

Post by GraveNET » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:00 pm

tagban wrote:The only way this would work, is if you have a home DNS server that can re-route the packets.. But I highly doubt thats going to be possible.

And you'd still need to be paying for retail, because POL still HAS to run on the consoles, XBox360, and PS2.
I soooo didnt even think about the PSN or XBOX network.. but yeah.., that would definetly be a dead give away.