Setting up expectations (new player)

Darko

Setting up expectations (new player)

Post by Darko » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:47 am

Hi guys,

First of all, thanks for all your amazing work. I am currently playing FF12 and the games reminds me of my beloved FFXI. I was wondering if there was a plan for an offline version and I bumped into you guys.

Before posting anything, I tried to understand how FFXI look like today (I left the game long ago, the level cap was 75 and there was no "trust NPC" or whatever they are called) and what can I expect from an "offline" version.

The reason why I am here is to set these expectations: I'd like to play solo and go through the main story events. So my questions are:

-Is this actually doable?
-Can I mod my character as much as I want in terms of lvls and gear? (go directly to lvl 75/99, gain gear without farming it)
-Is it correct that I can expect the story line till the first expansion? Is there any plans for the others?
-If the above is correct, I shouldn't expect to use the TrustNPC. Am I correct?

Thanks a lot and cheers for your great work. I wish Square-Enix did something similar.

whasf
Site Admin

Re: Setting up expectations (new player)

Post by whasf » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:47 pm

- yes
- yes but most >75 gear doesn't have their special stats implemented
- yes, and yes as other people submit them
- correct
-- Whasf

Darko

Post by Darko » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:06 pm

Thanks a lot! This is what I was looking for :) I hope all expansions will be implemented one day.

Thanks again for your reply and for this project.

Delaide

Post by Delaide » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:26 pm

whasf wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:47 pm
- yes
- yes but most >75 gear doesn't have their special stats implemented
- yes, and yes as other people submit them
- correct
Actually, I have completed most of the special stats (At least on new additions). I have 56 more to add once my recent PR is submitted.
But, yeah, I still need to go through all of the existing item_equipment and item_mod files to see which existed in item_equipment, but have no mods added. I would say I am about 60% through by now. I am leaving notes for the ones I can't implement for some reason so someone can come along, comb through the item_mods and item_latents and implement the missing ones.