Looking to be more involved, learn more about coding format.

Kthulu

Looking to be more involved, learn more about coding format.

Post by Kthulu » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:53 am

I figured It would be probably best to drop a line here stating such. I've been mostly just submitting issues and i think i've handled maybe 2 pull requests, but my understanding of lua/sql is fairly new. I'm looking to learn as much as I can and be an asset to the project in any way that I can. I'm aware by that asking for this I'm opening myself up to criticism and am more then prepared to handle that objectively and use that to be a more cohesive part of the project.

A little bit about myself:
Been an avid gamer since as long as I can remember, I played final fantasy 11 from US launch till about 2 months into Treasures.
I work full time third shift at an assisted living program for the disabled, but my job incurs a lot of downtime so I'm able to do what i can there and at home. I'm very driven, very thorough.

I realize that this probably seems unnessicary but I really just wanted to genuinely express my interest in this.

The fact that the project is here to keep the game many of us hold dear alive is overwhelming, and I really want the opporunity to keep improving on the project in any way that I can.

Thank you for your time, feel free to get ahold of me at JCarnahan85@gmail.com, Jeremiah.carnahan85 on skype. I'm on IRC occasionally and can be more active, and alsomessages here work as well I'll be checking it frequently.

Keep up the great work guys,

Kthulu

demolish
Developer

Re: Looking to be more involved, learn more about coding for

Post by demolish » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:06 am

easiest way: hang around our irc channel (info is in our readme), find something you wanna work on, spam us with questions
oh and look at stuff already implemented which is similar to what you're trying to do
<Giblet[NewBrain]> kj with this first step would be fine on my shit
Click here for a guide on scripting missions.