Some issues I'm having... please assist

Lyrium

Some issues I'm having... please assist

Post by Lyrium » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:25 am

First of all I just want to say a huge THANK YOU!!!!! to everyone involved in this project. I've played FFXI since 2004 and love this game, however there has always been a desire to customize aspects of it. This project is the perfect solution and I'm glad to see that it's still running. The guide on how to set up the servers and get the game running was fantastic, especially considering I got it set up and have no experience with coding and such.

I'm still getting acquainted with the DarkStar version of the game, and have found a handful of things that don't work properly/aren't implemented yet, but don't know where to post these issues so please advise. For now though, I'll post here what I have:
Behemoth/KB - Kickout ability shows damage in the chat log, but doesn't deal damage to the character and Shockwave ability always deals 0 damage.
Fafnir/other dragons - Spikeflail always deals 0 damage
Dragoon Jumps don't appear to work properly and animations are wrong
Weaponskills that don't appear to work: Aeolian Edge (always misses), Mykyr (doesn't heal status effects)

One thing I am definitely interested in though is getting the windower to work with DS so I don't crash the game or have to log out to check something. If you could explain how to set this up that would be amazing.

While I'm playing around on my own custom server, I would love to help identify issues I find that could help this project grow. Thanks again, and keep up the great work!

PrBlahBlahtson
Developer

Re: Some issues I'm having... please assist

Post by PrBlahBlahtson » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:43 pm

Those would be bug reports, meant for the bug tracker... well, if most of them were actually implemented. A 0 damage TP move generally indicates that the move hasn't been scripted yet.

Windower: MeteorXI/mXI would be what you want.

I'm... sorely tempted to make a status page, just so people know what they're getting before they even install Darkstar. It's far from perfect, and there's a lot of work left.

Lyrium

Post by Lyrium » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:52 pm

Thanks for the heads up on mXI for the windower, though I can't get it to work. It says that it cannot find the server (I'm using the local IP 127.0.0.1 for testing).

Also, I'm trying to adjust the exp rate so that everything including Too Weak mobs will give exp but no luck getting it to work. I've edited it via Navicat in the exp_table in the sql folder.

I've noticed that pretty much all gear, abilities, etc over level 75 don't work. Is this because they are not implemented into DS yet? I'm curious since some of the gear such as AF3 I've added via GM command and can equip it, but the stats aren't applied to my character.

And thanks again for this project, just did a round of sky farming/gods... oh the memories lol.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:43 pm

Lyrium wrote:I've noticed that pretty much all gear, abilities, etc over level 75 don't work. Is this because they are not implemented into DS yet?
Yes.