VS 2013 September 2nd update

VS 2013 September 2nd update

Post by sticky » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:54 pm

So I was having issues with LNK errors so I checked updates and saw that I was actually not fully up-to-date with VS2013 since there was an update a couple days ago on the second.

After installing the update I know get this message when I try to open any of the sln files:

Unsupported
This version of Visual Studio is unable to open the following projects. The project types may not be installed or this version of Visual Studio may not support them.
For more information on enabling these project types or otherwise migrating your assets, please see the details in the "Migration Report" displayed after clicking OK.
- DSConnect-server, "V:\DSP_Sep2014\branches\zmq\win32\DSConnect-server\DSConnect-server.vcxproj"

No changes required
These projects can be opened in Visual Studio 2013, Visual Studio 2012, and Visual Studio 2010 SP1 without changing them.
- DSConnect-server, "V:\DSP_Sep2014\branches\zmq\win32\DSConnect-server\DSConnect-server.sln"

kjLotus
Special Guest

Re: VS 2013 September 2nd update

Post by kjLotus » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:26 am

which update? update 4 CTP1?

edit:i really don't suggest using the zmq branch unless you know what it's for and how to use it (it's still a WIP)

atom0s
Developer

Post by atom0s » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:52 pm

This sounds like you did not install the Visual C++ stuff from the installer. DSP uses C/C++ so it is required to be installed when you install Visual Studio.

At this time, the main developers are using Visual Studio 2013 with Update 3 installed. I would not recommend using CTP releases since they are just previews of what is to come, they are not solid release candidates.

Post by sticky » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:08 pm

kjLotus wrote:which update? update 4 CTP1?

edit:i really don't suggest using the zmq branch unless you know what it's for and how to use it (it's still a WIP)
I was just trying the ZMQ since the trunk wasn't working and back when I was playing with the server last time it didn't exsit.

Speaking of what is the ZMQ branch?
(A search on the forum only leads me to this post. XD)
I noticed even on a system where I can build the trunk sever there are special ZMQ includes that are not included with the git checkout?

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:25 pm

sticky wrote:
kjLotus wrote:which update? update 4 CTP1?

I was just trying the ZMQ since the trunk wasn't working and back when I was playing with the server last time it didn't exsit.

Speaking of what is the ZMQ branch?
(A search on the forum only leads me to this post. XD)
I noticed even on a system where I can build the trunk sever there are special ZMQ includes that are not included with the git checkout?
it's for running multiple processes for one server, but it's not done yet

though it should have the libraries for windows, unless i messed something up