Auto-Reraise

Lyrium

Auto-Reraise

Post by Lyrium » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:43 pm

I'm interested in adding Auto-Reraise to signet and/or bringing the effect in via armor like on Twilight Mail/Helm in retail but haven't come across it all. I've looked for Auto-Refresh(SMN) and Auto-Regen(WHM) to try and create it but haven't had much luck in finding those either. I found the MOD_REFRESH/MOD_REGEN and EFFECT_REFRESH/EFFECT_REGEN in dsp/scripts/globals/status but not sure how those translate to their auto counterparts. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

PrBlahBlahtson
Developer

Re: Auto-Reraise

Post by PrBlahBlahtson » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:30 pm

You've stumbled onto an unfortunate coincidence.

Refresh and Regen are all handled by a core function rather than the normal status effect engine, so the Lua files really don't do too much anymore. There's not a lot to learn there.

Troak

Post by Troak » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:01 am

It's not the best way to do it but it'd probably work more or less. Couldn't you set it up this way?
In scripts/globals/effects/signet.lua, in OnEffectTick add the following line?
target:addStatusEffect(EFFECT_RERAISE,1,0,0);
Should refresh reraise every tick (so will still have reraise even after you die and raise back up as long as you have signet on)

Dragol

Post by Dragol » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:39 pm

Hello,

I've been trying to add some effects to signet and can't seem to get it working.

I tried adding this to the file:
target:addStatusEffectEx(EFFECT_AUTO_REFRESH,0,1,3,0,11811);
target:addStatusEffectEx(EFFECT_AUTO_REGEN,0,1,3,0,11811);

This didn't work though, is there some other way I should add things to signet? I've seen other servers have this, I just can't figure out how they did it.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:31 pm

Dragol wrote:Hello,

I've been trying to add some effects to signet and can't seem to get it working.

I tried adding this to the file:
target:addStatusEffectEx(EFFECT_AUTO_REFRESH,0,1,3,0,11811);
target:addStatusEffectEx(EFFECT_AUTO_REGEN,0,1,3,0,11811);

This didn't work though, is there some other way I should add things to signet? I've seen other servers have this, I just can't figure out how they did it.
i'm assuming you're editing the signet.lua in effects, and this is in onEffectGain? Probably shouldn't add effects inside effects - if you want to add mods to signet, just add the modifier with addMod

Dragol

Post by Dragol » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:51 pm

Cool, thanks! I figured it out from there. The first time I tried mod I didnt pass in the parameters it wanted.