So.. Im new to Darkstar

markap

So.. Im new to Darkstar

Post by markap » Tue May 23, 2017 2:00 pm

I have managed to set up a server just fine. What I am looking for is some sort of scripting examples, database examples and other configuration examples so I can learn how Darkstar works for add-ons and customization as well as basic stuff like what and where is set in the database to have items in the ah that can be bought.

A simple thing, I am sure, to most of you but again I am new. Also anyone wishing to help and get involved feel free to contact me on my joke of a discord channel https://discord.gg/aZENAPs. Its just set up for me and some friends who game together. Anyway thats it, thanks for reading and any help provided.

-M

whasf
Site Admin

Re: So.. Im new to Darkstar

Post by whasf » Tue May 23, 2017 2:37 pm

There's plenty of scripting to look at, just browse though the folders under "scripts" :)
Same for the rest of your question, start looking through the code to see how the mob_pools, skills, droplist, mods, and other tables are related. There is some information on the wiki as well.

For the auction house, look at the auction_house table. I don't think you've looked at the project all that closely yet?
-- Whasf

whasf
Site Admin

Post by whasf » Tue May 23, 2017 2:38 pm

Also, I moved your topic out of "troubleshooting" as you're not really having any problems setting it up.
-- Whasf

markap

Post by markap » Tue May 23, 2017 7:49 pm

Trust me I have been looking...

I had no idea some of the development was Russian either..

https://gyazo.com/1c2dabecaf17c373d86c6d0947e014aa

markap

Post by markap » Wed May 24, 2017 11:25 am

So ya, easier than I thought... ;)

I do have one issue.. Maybe someone can help.

I am trying to add NPC's to a few areas, one being the Library.

I have the PolUtils, but it appears to be really broken and Im not sure what part of it to use to find an NPC to copy. I did read on how to use the ID in another thread. But first I need to find an NCP to copy. Any suggestions?

Ive managed to open up some areas, create commands for both items and warping etc.. Pretty simple

Thanks again!

whasf
Site Admin

Post by whasf » Wed May 24, 2017 2:11 pm

markap wrote:So ya, easier than I thought... ;)

I do have one issue.. Maybe someone can help.

I am trying to add NPC's to a few areas, one being the Library.

I have the PolUtils, but it appears to be really broken and Im not sure what part of it to use to find an NPC to copy. I did read on how to use the ID in another thread. But first I need to find an NCP to copy. Any suggestions?

Ive managed to open up some areas, create commands for both items and warping etc.. Pretty simple

Thanks again!
Copy what? You can create a copy of one in the db [npc_list] (obviously the ID has to be unique), but the name will show as "NPC" in the game since the client has no knowledge of it.
-- Whasf

markap

Post by markap » Wed May 24, 2017 2:41 pm

"You can create a copy of one in the db [npc_list]"

Well I looked but I am unable to find any of the Library NPC's in that table. Notably the NPC names in the Library are surrounded by ().

But that was the plan, find one, copy the row, paste in a new record, change the ID, change the x/y/z/r and see if it shows up. But as I said I cannot fine one entry in that table that relates to an NPC in game that is in the Libraries zone.

https://gyazo.com/2e5f9680241ce56331d1f9b8da4e9543

Ya I found Makel LOL - 17940499

whasf
Site Admin

Post by whasf » Wed May 24, 2017 8:03 pm

Is that a newer zone? We may not have the data then
-- Whasf

markap

Post by markap » Wed May 24, 2017 11:56 pm

I got it figured out...

Now a new issue,,

Code: Select all

if (player:getVar("pgift") ~= 1) then
    player:setVar("pgift", 0);
end
I'm sure I screwed up the code, as it is not working because I HATE lua :)

I'm just checking if that Var exists, and if it does is its value anything but 1.

If it is not 1 and not nul then it should set the var.

Ive check the char_var table and the var does not exist.. am I looking in the wrong table?

whasf
Site Admin

Post by whasf » Thu May 25, 2017 7:55 am

Setting it to 0 removes the value
-- Whasf