Server Clustering

fallen45078

Server Clustering

Post by fallen45078 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:31 am

I successfully separated my server onto multiple servers by region. They all start and I can log in. I can move from zone to zone, access the auction house, etc. I can NOT broadcast server messages, receive LS chat or send or receive party invites. What am I missing?

TeoTwawki
Developer

Re: Server Clustering

Post by TeoTwawki » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:58 pm

You are missing the fact that lots of things are simply broken in a multiple map server setup. And nobody is going to fix it anytime soon. Some of it is near an impossibility.
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS

whasf
Site Admin

Post by whasf » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:32 pm

fallen45078 wrote:I successfully separated my server onto multiple servers by region. They all start and I can log in. I can move from zone to zone, access the auction house, etc. I can NOT broadcast server messages, receive LS chat or send or receive party invites. What am I missing?
Those things you listed should work, they work for me!

Stuff like @goto, @bring won't though.
-- Whasf

fallen45078

Post by fallen45078 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:04 pm

That's what I thought, Whasf. And I am aware of at least one other server that has this function working. I am going to play with it some more and see if I can come up with anything else. I just hit a block and basically wanted to vent and see if anyone else had had a similar problem. BTW, I'm not exactly new to this. I've run a FFXI server for 3 years now, but I don't necessarily stay current with DSP revisions. I'm going to pull down the latest login server and compile it as a whole. I'll report back after I try this.

And thanks for taking the time to chime in.

whasf
Site Admin

Post by whasf » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:47 am

Only thing I can think of off the top of my head is to make sure this is set in the config file for the map server and login server:

Code: Select all

msg_server_port: 54003
msg_server_ip: 127.0.0.1
it would be at the bottom of the config files.
-- Whasf