Enabling aggro, hate and mob zoning

holidaycontrol

Enabling aggro, hate and mob zoning

Post by holidaycontrol » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:38 pm

Hi again,

I apologize for all the questions. In 2002-2007 FFXI had a few things they got rid of. One was zoning mobs. Now mobs disappear when you zone them instead of aggroing someone else. I want to enable the following.

-Enable hate if someone else outside of the party is curing me or someone else
-Enable hate so that 'hate' will continue to grow, similar to as it did in 2003-2007. (For example if a BRD cured someone, and then used songs, it would continue to build hate, even though they are not in the party)
-Enable zoning mobs, so they don't disappear when you leave

Thanks,

whasf
Site Admin

Re: Enabling aggro, hate and mob zoning

Post by whasf » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:10 pm

holidaycontrol wrote:Hi again,

I apologize for all the questions. In 2002-2007 FFXI had a few things they got rid of. One was zoning mobs. Now mobs disappear when you zone them instead of aggroing someone else. I want to enable the following.

-Enable hate if someone else outside of the party is curing me or someone else
If you cure someone who is attacking a monster, you will get on their hate list. It is already implemented
holidaycontrol wrote: -Enable hate so that 'hate' will continue to grow, similar to as it did in 2003-2007. (For example if a BRD cured someone, and then used songs, it would continue to build hate, even though they are not in the party)
The way hate is implemented now is as close to retail as we could get. You will probably see less-than-ideal results from actions you take (just ask people who play on darkstar servers now). If you can get us the formulas direct from SE that'd be great.
holidaycontrol wrote: -Enable zoning mobs, so they don't disappear when you leave
That would be cool, but would require substantial work in the core to make monsters zone. And I'd doubt we could get it to work as I bet SE made client changes too.
holidaycontrol wrote: Thanks,
You're welcome! :)
-- Whasf

TeoTwawki
Developer

Re: Enabling aggro, hate and mob zoning

Post by TeoTwawki » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:23 am

Enable zoning mobs, so they don't disappear when you leave
That would be cool, but would require substantial work in the core to make monsters zone. And I'd doubt we could get it to work as I bet SE made client changes too.
I think he meant so when you zone back in, that have not despawned (remember all those train to zone shouts and dying to a goblin entering valkurm dunes?)

There is a setting for that one. https://github.com/DarkstarProject/dark ... .conf#L148
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS