Specific Settings

PMad

Specific Settings

Post by PMad » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:20 am

Hello!

I'm wondering if somebody can help me with some specific settings.

I'm looking to adjust the following and am having troubles finding the right place to modify it:
  • Combat Skill Gain (instead of an average of 0.1 at a time, i'm looking for significantly higher
  • Magic Skill Gain (same as above)
  • Mob Exp Gain (the settings file has EXP_RATE for fov and quests but not mobs
  • TP anything (its currently set in the thousands, where it takes 1000tp for 1 weapon skill. Is this new? I'm from back in the Lv75 days.
On a side note, i'm wondering how to limit the game to exactly the way it used to be before the level cap went up and NM's stopped dropping the good gear? I liked it back then, except for the intense grind, which i want to do away with with big boosts to exp.

Thanks!

jono659

Re: Specific Settings

Post by jono659 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:40 pm

Try Darkstar\scripts\globals\settings.lua and Darkstar\conf\map_darkstar.conf buddy, most of the easily adjustables are in there

PMad

Post by PMad » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:26 am

jono659 wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:40 pm
Try Darkstar\scripts\globals\settings.lua and Darkstar\conf\map_darkstar.conf buddy, most of the easily adjustables are in there
Thanks jono659! Totally forgot about the map_darkstar.conf file!

That takes care of most of it, but for returning to the old glory of the level 75 days is still a question. Is there a guide on what settings need tweaked to do it? On my server, i still see fov books, i see the million extra options in the mog house, and all sorts of things everywhere that i've never seen before because the game has everything. I think it would be awesome if i could set the server up as it was in the past, then play it until i've caught up, passed, and completed everything I originally wanted, then add the next expansion and clear it, then the next, then the next, etc...

Is this possible?

Delaide

Post by Delaide » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:04 pm

Not with an easy single adjustment. That would require code changes.

PMad

Post by PMad » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:06 pm

Delaide wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:04 pm
Not with an easy single adjustment. That would require code changes.
I figured so... Thanks Deliade!