VServer how?

Alexandre24

VServer how?

Post by Alexandre24 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:49 pm

Hi!

I am trying to understand how can we create 3 virtual servers on the same machine running Ubuntu . And that all its virtual servers communicate. I saw that Vserver could make this work , in addition to securing the system. Someone would be how to create such a system in Ubuntu ?

Thank you !

TeoTwawki
Developer

Re: VServer how?

Post by TeoTwawki » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:19 pm

Why run 3 vm's when you can just exec multiple instances of the same exe? There is really not much point to that unless you like bragging about wasting cpu/ram on irc (hi nasomi! :lol: ).

name_of_executable --ip 127.0.0.1 --port 54230 --log path_to_log_file1
name_of_executable --ip 127.0.0.1 --port 54330 --log path_to_log_file2
name_of_executable --ip 127.0.0.1 --port 54430 --log path_to_log_file3
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS

Alexandre24

Post by Alexandre24 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:15 am

lol. No, I do not want a heavy OS like Windows Server 2012, as Nasomi uses . I will do the same thing but more intelligently . I want someone to explain how to use very little resources (CPU, RAM ). You can see by yourself: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux-VServer

Everything would be virtualized

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:08 am

Even under linux there really isn't a need to run multiple VMs when Kj gave us multiple exec support already. See the 3 examples in my above post - you can run 3 map servers from one location and assign each of them to a different cpu core. They can even be the same file, and it won't complain or crash from that. It just needs a different port for each, and then you set the ports in the zone settings sql table to match up your zones with the desired server.
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS