Game Server Abort Called

Desufire

Game Server Abort Called

Post by Desufire » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:17 am

Spent 5 hours on this, I'm passing out now.

Updated to Visual 2015 and updated darkstar files. Server and everything up to date.

When starting Game server I get:

Code: Select all

loading zones
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 14.0\vc\include\random<2441>: invalid min and max arguments for uniform_int
What's up?

kjLotus
Special Guest

Re: Game Server Abort Called

Post by kjLotus » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:51 am

if I had to guess, uniform_int got passed an invalid min and max argument

Desufire

Post by Desufire » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:25 pm

How do I fix this? Right now, I'm reinstalling Visual and double checking everything.

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:42 pm

There are multiple spots in trunk where its possible to get a max value higher than minimum, that will trip this. I fixed mobs with higher min lv than max lv last night, and right now ranged attacks can trip it as well because of a prob with calculating the pDif ratio (both min and max clamp to 0-3). there are likely other places where the old random handling was hiding these mistakes. Now they can be found and fixed.
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS

whasf
Site Admin

Post by whasf » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:12 pm

He's getting it on server initialization (from what I see that he posted), so I'm guessing some custom stuff is causing it.
-- Whasf

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:30 pm

Desufire wrote:How do I fix this?
you stop the server on the line it's aborting on, and then either a) report the bug if it's stock DSP code, or b) fix your custom stuff that is breaking it

most likely it's a, but never hurts to be sure

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:33 pm

Spent 5 hours on this, I'm passing out now.
Guessing from the timestamps on the post (and -5hrs) prolly just needs to re-pull and re-exec the mob_groups table.
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS

Desufire

Post by Desufire » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:58 pm

Wasf is right. I'm getting it when I start the game server. It takes a minute during loading zones, then gives me the error. So I never get the server running. Only custom thing we use is an item_mods which .... I'm not using due to so many freaking errors. Well, I'll keep trying to figure it out.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:14 pm

Desufire wrote:So I never get the server running.
the server is running as soon as you start it - just start it from inside visual studio and it'll stop on the line

Dalthine

Post by Dalthine » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:26 pm

teotwawki wrote:Guessing from the timestamps on the post (and -5hrs) prolly just needs to re-pull and re-exec the mob_groups table.
This. I got the same error and updated the tables from the sql file (which was updated shortly after the 2015 upgrade). That fixed it.

Sql updates don't go directly into your tables so you have to update them in Navicat or run the .bat file that's copy-paste from the wiki to get the new data. (Or so I assume.)