Green sql user excited to play FFXI solo

Jelly1369

Green sql user excited to play FFXI solo

Post by Jelly1369 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:51 pm

Hello all,

Thank you for the guide on setting up my server. I am close to being able to log in for the 1st time and am pretty excited. . FFXI was one of my favorite games of all times. I am a network engineer and my sql is very limited. I have been reading through many posts here because I plan on playing this again but solo, so I will have to do some modifying so that I can play solo and beat some of the missions that required full parties.

However going thru the posts and looking for what is needed to make a few changes alot of the answers to peoples questions may as well be in a different language because I do not understand quite a few things. Is there anyone that could tell me for instance a step by step guide to upgrade a stat for my character? (str/atk/def/anything?) I am certain if someone could show me how to make a change I could figure out from there on how to make any other changes regarding the character I am going to create.

Hopefully I am asking this in the correct area and hopefully someone can help. I am a quick learner and if I can get the basics down I can pretty much figure out the rest. I have a backup of my server made so I am not afraid to play around I just didnt want to load and reload my backup over and over (time cnsuming) if I end up breaking something.

My plan is to make whatever changes I need to play solo and then leave it alone forever.

whasf
Site Admin

Re: Green sql user excited to play FFXI solo

Post by whasf » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:18 pm

Probably the char_skills table? The skills are defined in src\map\entities\battleentity.h
-- Whasf

Jelly1369

Re: Green sql user excited to play FFXI solo

Post by Jelly1369 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:48 pm

Actually I found a few things already. I was wanting to learn a little sql and a little visual studio. I figured what better way than do this. I'm going to enjoy playing around with it and have it up and running perfect. I did get my character set just how I wanted it. I just ended up tweaking the god mode a bit for when I am doing stuff that required a party and now can turn it off and on when I need to. Now to put items into the AH. Thanks you for the reply. I played from release until toua came out and stopped playing because I wanted to get out of the house and do stuff. Now I have the best of both worlds and hopefully can see some of the expansions I missed.