Help with game settings.

thedarkone

Help with game settings.

Post by thedarkone » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:59 pm

Hey guys,

thedarkone here I'm not sure if anyone remembers me from the last forums getting some help.

Anyway I had a few questions:
1.) I was wondering how I can give normal players some gm commands.
2.) I wanted to go about setting up the idea of turning in your Adventuring Coupon to get all the maps. Now I know that there is a guide for this, but I'm having a little trouble as where to put the script in, like what line do I squeeze it in and that. I would be very grateful for the assistance.

::Edit:: Also how to globally enable new players to start with all OP Warps.

Thank you,

Dark

bluekirby0
Developer

Re: Help with game settings.

Post by bluekirby0 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:07 am

1) Will require a bit of code wizardry depending on how you want to handle it. The relevant function is SmallPacket0x0B5 in src/map/packet_system.cpp which is where GM commands and Server Messages are parsed out from normal text and handled based on whether you are a GM or not. You can remove the & FLAG_GM if you just want to give everyone everything, or add in your own prefix and code to handle it.

razielkane

GM mission save quest

Post by razielkane » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:13 pm

I tried the search and this is what I found, does this work still? I tried to delete the "& Flag_GM" from SmallPacket0x0B5 and it still doesn't seem to work. Also how come when logged on as GM it shutsdown on logout no wait counter. so for some reason the missions/quest dont save. Please help.

:meant to start a new post...

bluekirby0
Developer

Post by bluekirby0 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:25 am

GM commands have to be prefixed with an @ even after removing the & FLAG_GM part of the line or they won't be treated as commands.

As for your other issue, its an unrelated bug that seems to have been fixed already.

razielkane

Post by razielkane » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:00 am

yeah just noticed the update. was curious about the @ sign tried it on other characters with @additem 16656 for example will I need to change the coding still? thanks for the reply

bluekirby0
Developer

Post by bluekirby0 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:18 pm

I haven't tried hacking that in a while. I do remember there are two lines though that have & FLAG_GM where one checks for lines starting with @ for commands and the other checks for lines starting with # for server messages. Perhaps you changed the line for server messages and not the line for commands?

razielkane

Post by razielkane » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:14 pm

thanks for reply, it actually started working again I guess just need to update. but I put the & Flag_GM back