ERROR 1049 <42000>: Unknown database.

Masamushia

ERROR 1049 <42000>: Unknown database.

Post by Masamushia » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:42 pm

Hello,

I am trying to install the server on my Windows 2008 VM and I installed all the prerequisite programs. I have the DSP_Import.bat in C:\darkstar\sql and my MySQL path is C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.6\bin.

Below is what is in the .bat file with my PW edited, of course.

Code: Select all

ECHO Creating Database dspdb
"c:\program files\mysql\mysql server 5.6\bin\mysqladmin"-h localhost -u root -ppassword DROP FFXI_Stable

ECHO Creating Database dspdb
"c:\program files\mysql\mysql server 5.6\bin\mysqladmin"-h localhost -u root -ppassword CREATE FFXI_Stable

ECHO Loading dspdb tables into the database
cd c:\darkstar\sql
FOR %%X IN (*.sql) DO ECHO Importing %%X & "c:\program files\mysql\mysql server 5.6\bin\mysql" FFXI_Stable -h localhost -u root -ppassword < %%X

ECHO Finished!
When I run the bat within the Darkstar folder I get : ERROR 1049 <42000>: Unknown database 'ffxi_stable'

I saw a post on this forum saying that it was because I perhaps didn't add the variable path so I went to Environmental variables > Path and added at the end: c:\program files\mysql\mysql server 5.6\ & c:\program files\mysql\mysql server 5.6\bin\ (I wasn't quite sure on which part to add.) but I still cannot get it to work without getting that error. At this point I am at a loss on how to proceed; please help or let me know if you need anymore info. :(

kjLotus
Special Guest

Re: ERROR 1049 <42000>: Unknown database.

Post by kjLotus » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:07 pm

the scripts are expecting a database named ffxi_stable and there isn't one. Not sure about case sensitivity since I see your scripts are creating "FFXI_Stable", but you could try ffxi_stable instead