Visual Studio 2012 Changes

Wolke
Developer

Visual Studio 2012 Changes

Post by Wolke » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:38 am

I encountered a few issues with compiling the server with VS2k12 and decided to share my solutions for them.

Since VS2k12 can use older projects without converting them, we should be able to maintain an environment where people with 2k10 and people with 2k12 should be able to work simultaneously.

Issues and solutions:
  • "MSB8020: The builds tools for Visual Studio 2010 (Platform Toolset = 'v100') cannot be found.":
    In project "Properties/Configuration Properties/General" the "Platform Toolset" has to be set to "Visual Studio 2012 (v110)". This change has to be set for Debug and Release mode seperately, and is saved in the .vcxproj file. This should only be used locally and not submitted to the repository.
  • "C1083: Cannot open include file: 'mysql/mysql.h': No such file or directory":
    The MySQL header files need to be moved
    from: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\Include"
    to: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\Include\shared"
    I already updated the server setup guide in the Wiki for that.
  • "Parameter 'basePath' cannot be a relative path.":
    In project "Properties/Configuration Properties/Debugging" the "Command" path and the "Working Directory" need to be changed. Add "$(MSBuildProjectDirectory)\" before each current path.
Debugger are for sissies! Real men compile directly onto the master CD.

atom0s
Developer

Re: Visual Studio 2012 Changes

Post by atom0s » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:48 pm

Some things I mentioned to blue when I first compiled DSP with VS2012:
  • The blowfish code specific to Win32 is no longer needed and the Linux version works fine now.
  • The paths for the MySQL headers depend on the toolset you are compiling against.
vs110: C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\Include\um
vs110_xp: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1A\Include
vs100: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\Include

FFXIShalamka

Post by FFXIShalamka » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:17 am

Hey guys. I was able to get my server to work before but now I keep getting the basepath Error. I'm trying to fix it the way it is in the description but I don't know exactly where to put it seeing as I'm really new to coding. Can someone give me an example of where the "$(MSBuildProjectDirectory)\" is supposed to go on the Command line and the Working Directory line please.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:12 am

FFXIShalamka wrote:Hey guys. I was able to get my server to work before but now I keep getting the basepath Error. I'm trying to fix it the way it is in the description but I don't know exactly where to put it seeing as I'm really new to coding. Can someone give me an example of where the "$(MSBuildProjectDirectory)\" is supposed to go on the Command line and the Working Directory line please.
i ran into this problem today

right click the project for properties, NOT the solution (ie right click DSGame-server in the solution explorer)