New client loader for test server

bluekirby0
Developer

Re: New client loader for test server

Post by bluekirby0 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:52 pm

I might throw together my own package for this that auto-updates and uses my custom ffxi-boot loader and give it a couple of prefab profiles for the official test server and the classic one.

Ayame

Post by Ayame » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:09 pm

How can we use the macro like in regular windower? for example on the regular ffxi windower we can put .text of our equipment inside the script folder making it possible to change all 16 slot with 1 macro.

RZN
Special

Post by RZN » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:19 pm

Ayame wrote:How can we use the macro like in regular windower? for example on the regular ffxi windower we can put .text of our equipment inside the script folder making it possible to change all 16 slot with 1 macro.
create a text file in the scripts folder containing:
/equip etc..

use command /exec whatyounamedit.txt

Ayame

Post by Ayame » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:16 am

awesome thank you ^^

PrBlahBlahtson
Developer

Post by PrBlahBlahtson » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:34 pm

Careful with those big gear changes. I've been using Spellcast, and if I change too many slots at once then the server spits out a "packet too big" message. The server keeps receiving commands from the client (chat, movement, etc) but the client will stop receiving from the server and eventually R0.

I suppose if you're using scripting, you can mix in some /waits

ciradan

Post by ciradan » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:48 am

PrBlahBlahtson wrote:Careful with those big gear changes. I've been using Spellcast, and if I change too many slots at once then the server spits out a "packet too big" message.
You guys got any idea why this is suddenly happening?
Gear swaps worked fine a few months ago, now you can't even swap three pieces in a full party without r0'ing.

PrBlahBlahtson
Developer

Post by PrBlahBlahtson » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:01 pm

Not a clue, or I'd fix it on my server.

I did come across the line that returns the error while digging for the Mog House code, and it will show up for any packet over 1350 bytes. I didn't see anything that screamed "this is why you're disconnected" though. I don't really know C++, and the packet system is really hard to follow at times.

Edit:
Going to do a packet capture with Wireshark just so I can see if the conversation stops or not.

Results: There seems to still be a fairly quiet conversation coming from the client's UDP 54090 and coming from the server's UDP 54230 (map server, which is the important one).

Leading up to the disconnect, there was a lot of 120-200-ish byte packets. After that, it seemed to become a back-and-forth with a 186 byte packet sent to the server, and a 1455 byte reply. The packets are changing, possibly being numbered or timestamped. The value in question is decreasing.

As far as my understanding of the situation, it really changes nothing. Whatever the problem is happens, and either Darkstar forgets to reply (or doesn't know how to reply), or the client gets a reply that it doesn't like, and refuses to proceed until it gets the right answer, which never comes. These large replies don't seem to start until the problem is triggered, although my capture duration was probably less than 90 seconds. I've found a reliable gear swap that triggers it (my DNC GM using Pyrrhic Kleos,) so triggering it on demand is no issue. Understanding it when I trigger it is.

tagban

Post by tagban » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:55 pm

Modded a pol.exe file for the "Old School" server IP. Enjoy!

Edit:
Now that I got that file modified, I'd love to check out the source, is it part of Ashita's SVN? I could modify it further and thus make it editable so you can adjust IP again, it seems like its basically the same as Dark Boot Loader?
Attachments
DSOldSchool.zip
DS Old School Modded pol.exe
(16.46 KiB) Downloaded 290 times

link
Developer

Post by link » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:23 pm

Welp I finally got it to work. I have a suggestion:

Could the private server xml file be changed by default

Code: Select all

<setting name="boot_file">C:\Users\Link\Desktop\Ashita\pol.exe</setting>
To

<setting name="boot_file">APP_PATH\pol.exe</setting>
Just to help users^^
And maybe a checkbox in the loader, something like "Automatically load this profile".

atom0s
Developer

Post by atom0s » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:14 am

Hey guys, Ashita has gone through some changes over the past month. Here's the new changes:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ashita Version: 1.0.2.4
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Change: INTERFACEVERSION 1.39
    Fixed : [Both] Entity.h tweaked some more to fix some broken offsets.
    Fixed : [Both] PetIndex, ModelSize
    Update: [Both] AnimationPlay in Entity struct added. 
    Fixed : [Core] Issues that caused Ashita to crash on Windows Vista.
    Change: [Extn] More improvements to extension handling.
    Fixed : [Extn] WindowerInput stripping too many "/" from windower style commands.
    Fixed : [Core] Removed debug message from command boot loader.
    Fixed : [Both] Party.h incorrect array size.
    Change: [Extn] ExtensionBase now returns false from DxSetup by default.
    Change: [Extn] Lotomatic now has profiling and auto-sort packet abilities.
    Change: [Extn] DrawDistance now has a configuration file.
    Fixed : [Both] Fixed ExtensionBase deconstructor not being virtual.

Ashita Version: 1.0.2.3
    Fixed : [Core] Ability and spell data parsing should now be working properly again.

Ashita Version: 1.0.2.2
    Change: INTERFACEVERSION 1.38
    Change: [Extn] Bootstrap, AshitaAPI, and ManagedExample now target .NET 4.0 to ensure they work on Windows XP.
    Update: [Core] Extension handling has under-gone much needed love and should be a lot more stable.
    Update: [Extn] Extension SDK updated to reflect new changes to the entity struture.
    Fixed : [Extn] Various plugins have been updated to work with the latest update.
    Update: [Extn] WindowerInput has been better optimized.

I've also released a new beta launcher which can be found here:
http://www.ffevo.net/topic/2918-ashita-launcher-beta/

Teaser pic:

Enjoy! :)