No longer able to connect to server on local network.

Gratis

No longer able to connect to server on local network.

Post by Gratis » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:31 pm

Everything was working fine up until this morning. I was using the --hairpin option but now connection refuses each time... Really at a loss here. The server is public and everyone but me "the admin" can log in...

No settings were changed other than the IP but I am on a dynamic connection and IP changes daily, the IP has always changed and up until this morning I had no issues...

Does anyone have any idea where I should even begin to start looking?

Ashita fully updated and server rev is 3803.

Edit:

Changed IP to local IP of server and can connect, select character, login, and then hang at downloading data.... With or without --hairpin same thing... I really wished Ashita created log files...

atom0s
Developer

Re: No longer able to connect to server on local network.

Post by atom0s » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:05 pm

Gratis wrote:Everything was working fine up until this morning. I was using the --hairpin option but now connection refuses each time... Really at a loss here. The server is public and everyone but me "the admin" can log in...

No settings were changed other than the IP but I am on a dynamic connection and IP changes daily, the IP has always changed and up until this morning I had no issues...

Does anyone have any idea where I should even begin to start looking?

Ashita fully updated and server rev is 3803.

Edit:

Changed IP to local IP of server and can connect, select character, login, and then hang at downloading data.... With or without --hairpin same thing... I really wished Ashita created log files...
Ashita does create log files, but the connection issue is not Ashita's fault. That is something with your network configuration or the boot loader failing to properly hairpin or something. That is not fault of Ashita.

Ashita creates log files inside a folder named Logs. Open your Ashita folder and if it doesn't exist already make a folder named Logs and it'll start saving them there.

Gratis

Post by Gratis » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:18 pm

Yeah no logs folder in Ashita folder, thanks for the tip.

I know it is a networking issue, just not sure where...

bluekirby0
Developer

Post by bluekirby0 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:43 am

Stick to using the local IP with the hairpinning option...that's how it is intended to be used.

You need to be looking at your lobby and game server logs to get info about the connection issue. There won't be much info on the client side. Since the boot loader isn't sent details about failures from the server, it can only give you generic winsock errors.

Gratis

Post by Gratis » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:57 pm

Well oddly it came back a few hours later.... Not sure what the hiccup was but thank you for the help!