Strange Connection Issue

Dracoth

Strange Connection Issue

Post by Dracoth » Tue May 13, 2014 10:17 am

Hello, everyone.

I'm having the strangest issue. I've successfully installed the program on both my laptop and my desktop. My brother is running a private server from his home.

From my desktop, I can connect just fine with all accounts that I use. On my laptop, however, when I attempt to log in with my main account, the system times out and tells me that the server is not responding. When I log in with my second account, it works just fine. I thought it might be a zone issue, so I ran my second account to where my main account was logging in. No such luck.

Any ideas on why I can log in to one account just fine and not log in to the other on the same machine?

masterurat

Re: Strange Connection Issue

Post by masterurat » Wed May 14, 2014 6:41 am

Check to see on the server if it accidentally set the characters zone to 0, which will make it unable to log in properly and it will just stall out.

Dracoth

Post by Dracoth » Wed May 14, 2014 5:58 pm

Thanks, I'll look in to that, but I don't think that's it because I can log in to the character on my desktop. If that were the case, then I shouldn't be able to log in to him at all, correct?

Dracoth

Post by Dracoth » Thu May 15, 2014 9:16 am

I tried using the hairpin command (even though I'm not on the same WAN or LAN as the server) and that seemed to fix my problem. Thanks for the feedback and I hope this might help someone else out!