Is it possible to have 2 diff Private Servers

Karsh

Is it possible to have 2 diff Private Servers

Post by Karsh » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:43 am

Hello, I am new to the DSP community, I was in Azure Sky years ago, then havn't been playing either for a while.

What I am curious of is can I have 2 different private servers off one ffxi install? Not to play at the same time, I just want to know if I can have like 2 different servers to choose from from say the windower profile list. I am currently playing on QuetzRebirth, and a buddy of mine on LegionDark, and I was wondering if I could add both their IP's to 2 different profiles in windower4 so I could choose to play one or the other? Or am I limited to one private server at a time. Thanks

la0wai

Re: Is it possible to have 2 diff Private Servers

Post by la0wai » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:01 pm

If you copy and paste the stuff between <profile name="whatever"> and </profile> in Windower's settings.xml and change the IP address and name then you can have as many servers as you like.

Karsh

Post by Karsh » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:10 pm

Sweet, I thought that might be the case, just wanted to confirm. Thanks. I will try toinght after work :)

arashikage

Post by arashikage » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:32 am

I spoke with a buddy of mine and this question came up. Is it possible to play on 2 different private servers whose client versions are different? I've been playing on one for about a year and a half, but would like to try out a new one that's more up-to-date as far as client version is concerned. Is there a way to do this without having to sacrifice one for the other?

Delaide

Post by Delaide » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:54 am

I would assume that you could just run two separate instances. Separate out the databases. But the two would be completely separate, so one user could not log into the other with the same account. You would need to rework the way the code fetches from the databases to separate user oriented databases from system databases.