Having problems getting up and running

Zhanffxi

Having problems getting up and running

Post by Zhanffxi » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:59 am

Hey guys I'm hoping someone here can help me get up and running. I'm an oldschool player and have played on a private server a couple years ago, and I'm trying to get up and running. I tried using the new version of Ashita and it crashes right away. I tried using xiloader and it tells me it can't start because VCRUNTIME140.dll and MSVCP140.dll are missing from my computer (I have never had that issue with any other loader before). I tried using one of the old loaders I had and it will actually run the game, but then I get an error telling me the game as updated. I just uninstalled everything then redownloaded and reupdated from scratch yesterday, tried again with an old loader and it says the same thing. Can anyone help me out? I've looked around and tried pretty much everything, and I still can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

nasomi

Re: Having problems getting up and running

Post by nasomi » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:38 am

You need this for MSVCP140.dll: http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... st.x86.exe

You need to update your client properly: https://wiki.dspt.info/index.php/Config ... our_Client

Check your client version with the server required version.

buddysievers

Post by buddysievers » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:20 am

Get the Runtimes AiO from www.sereby.org!
It will install all C++ Runtimes from 2005 to 2015 for x86 and x64 along with some other usefull runtimes like Java, Silverlight and Adobe Flash.
But you can choose to only install the C++ Runtimes.

Zhanffxi

Post by Zhanffxi » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:28 pm

Still telling me I need to update the latest version of the game. I've tried to update it, then even uninstalled and reinstalled and still getting the message. Any ideas?

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:37 pm

It will tell you that because your game is newer than what the server currently officially supports. You can edit version.info to match your client version to bypass that until we update it

Zhanffxi

Post by Zhanffxi » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:55 pm

How do I do that?

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:11 pm

read the lobby server's error messages to get the version you need to change it to

Zhanffxi

Post by Zhanffxi » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:55 pm

Ok you lost me. Sorry to be a pain, but it's been a while, and that last sentence severely confuses me. I have no idea what you mean by that.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:29 am

try to log in -> read the error message in DSConnect.exe -> check the version number in that error message that you have -> open version.info -> replace the version in there with the one you have

vampirexhunter

Post by vampirexhunter » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:44 am

on certain servers, they allow multiple client versions to connect.

How can I make it so it bypass the client version?
Can't seem to replicate this on my server, as it will only allow 1 version to connect.
What do I need to add or remove from the version.info?

Thanks!