New client loader for test server

whasf
Site Admin

New client loader for test server

Post by whasf » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:33 am

(bluekirby0)
UPDATE 4: DO NOT USE THIS ANYMORE! GET ASHITA V2 FROM http://www.ffevo.net!
UPDATE 3: Updated included ffxi-boot_mod3 for fixed hairpinning support.
UPDATE 2: Now works for EU versions (and assumed to be working with JP)! The character creation bug is also gone again!
UPDATE: Uploaded a new version of this package based on the beta launcher! YOU WILL HAVE TO UPDATE FROM THE LAUNCHER AT LEAST ONCE BEFORE IT WILL WORK!

Also, the modified version of ffxi-boot inside works for other servers, which enabled me to set up a profile for the classic server as well! Use it with as many servers as you like!

This client will work properly with servers using DNS names without causing search issues. You can also use the --hairpin option to log into a public server hosted on your local network or on the same computer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
(whasf's original post)
After some extensive testing I am pleased to announce the official loader for the official test server.

We are going to go with Ashita, from the makers of fface (http://www.ffevo.net)

Their loader is a lot more stable than mXI/boot and their plugins are coming along quite nicely.

I have attached the package to this post.

UPDATE:
PREREQUISITE: You must install the MSVC 2012 C Runtimes x86 version before proceeding!

1. Extract anywhere that is convenient and launch Ashita.exe
2. If you need to make a new account, launch one of the default profiles depending on which server you wish to join. After a failed login attempt you will be asked if you would like to make an account.
3. When you have made your account (or if you already have one) start Ashita.exe again and click the appropriate profile and click "EDIT CONFIG"
4. Within, on the Boot Command line edit account and password to reflect the appropriate values.
5. Tweak your window size and other options as you like and hit "SAVE CONFIG". You do not need to check Test Server.
6. Double-click the profile you edited to launch from now on!

It should log you into the test server!

Let me know if you have any questions/problems.

After updating, the plugins are in the "Extensions" folder, the startup script is in the "Scripts" folder. If you used mXI or Windower you should be familiar with the syntax of those files.

To report bugs/suggestions about Ashita please go to http://bugs.ffevo.net/ or their site http://www.ffevo.net/forum/80-ashita/
Attachments
Ashita_Darkstar.zip
Ashita updater and client with profiles for both the official test server and classic server!
(250.62 KiB) Downloaded 832 times
-- Whasf

Flunklesnarkin

Re: New client loader for test server

Post by Flunklesnarkin » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:39 am

Is there any way to use this for other servers?

I'd try it out on the Darkstar Classic server if it can be adjusted.

I didn't see any place to put in the IP for it though.

altalus

Post by altalus » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:06 pm

To use Ashita for your own private server you need to create a boot program and rename it pol.exe

I have no clue how to do that sadly :P

EDIT: From the Ashita website:

boot_file = <path to some pol.exe>
Optional. If set will override POL registry install path. This can be used to boot ffxi-boot.exe or other loader. Note the application has to be renamed pol.exe for Ashita to load.

anglos

Post by anglos » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:19 pm

Flunklesnarkin wrote:Is there any way to use this for other servers?

I'd try it out on the Darkstar Classic server if it can be adjusted.

I didn't see any place to put in the IP for it though.
You can use a hex editor to change the IP address from Whasf's test server to your own. Just check the wiki to see what his server is and replace it using the editor. There are two instances of it in pol.exe.

keener31

Post by keener31 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:15 pm

works like a charm so far.

on win7 x64, ran into a problem when running ashita_boot.exe - it errored out saying that is was missing the file "msvcr100d.dll" - this is part of the visual c+ studio 2010 runtimes, and i reinstalled both x86 and x64 to be sure i had it. - it still gave the error, so simply pasting that file into the same folder as ashita_boot.exe (and pol.exe) resolved the problem.

if you have the same trouble, you should be able to search your HDD for the file since you likely already have it. otherwise you can get the file by itself here: http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-f ... ?msvcr100d

will keep an eye on cpu usage to see if it has the same mysterious heavy cpu usage after a certain amount of time that mxi/ffxiboot did (hopefully not).

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:38 am

you mean i won't crash 3 times before loading into the game every time anymore?

life is so easy now

Vanyel

Post by Vanyel » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:49 am

keener31 wrote: will keep an eye on cpu usage to see if it has the same mysterious heavy cpu usage after a certain amount of time that mxi/ffxiboot did (hopefully not).
The CPU thing has been going on a lot longer than this project so I don't believe it's our clients that are directly causing it.

keener31

Post by keener31 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:16 pm

Vanyel wrote:
keener31 wrote: will keep an eye on cpu usage to see if it has the same mysterious heavy cpu usage after a certain amount of time that mxi/ffxiboot did (hopefully not).
The CPU thing has been going on a lot longer than this project so I don't believe it's our clients that are directly causing it.
not sure if we are talking about the same thing or not.

but im happy to report that over two separate, hour+ play sessions, cpu usage has not magically spiked to 50%+normal usage like mXI did. - it seems to have normal cpu usage scenarios (basically relating exactly to how much geometry its rendering), but it has never done (yet) what mXI would do consistently.

RZN
Special

Post by RZN » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:11 am

Ashita can boot any ffxi loader as long as it has been renamed to pol.exe. You can create different boot config files for different settings.

The cpu usage issue is caused by the thread ffxi-boot uses to log in. I haven't had time to figure out exactly why it happens or fix it. I use process explorer to kill the thread once it starts but this requires noting the render thread id before hand. Logging in to xi and back to ffxi-boot will also cause the thread to race.

Make sure you update Ashita, it has been under pretty heavy development for the last few months and there are a ton of new extensions.

If there is anything you would like to see added just let us know.

RZN
Special

Post by RZN » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:37 pm

Ashita version 1.0.2.1 was released today. http://www.ffevo.net/topic/2880-ashita-1021/

Changelog

Fixed : [Core] Issue where text objects would not properly size their background.
Fixed : [Core] Issue that caused Ashita not to load on Windows XP machines.
Fixed : [Core] Minor issue with extension manager iterations upon unloading plugins.
Update: [Extn] AshitaAPI now includes full mappings for IAshitaCore object in C#.
Update: [Extn] Bootstrap updated along side of AshitaAPI updates.
Update: [Extn] ManagedExample updated with full examples of the new mappings.
Added : [Boot] New optional configuration settings for background and menu resolutions. backgound_resolution_x/y, menu_resolution_x/y
Added : [Core] Config option to select the video adapter to use "d3d_adapter".
Added : [Extn] WindowerInput now supports the command "/sendkey <key> <up|down>\". Keys are defined in ./Config/ashita.keymap.xml.