Out of nostalgia and boredum, is birthed samson.

nevans

Out of nostalgia and boredum, is birthed samson.

Post by nevans » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:43 am

I recently received a decommissioned ibm eServer(named samson) from the ISP I work for.
Having nothing better to do since one of my projects is at a stand still, I decided to have a look at FFXI.
I noticed the retail servers are pretty much dead I decided I would love to Solo the game. Installed and configured the project and it compiled without issues. It was really quiet easy, and I would like to thank the developers for doing a splendid job.

IF anybody is interested my server is running on sl.ionorth.net(just do a whois it will give you the IP address)feel free to join I could use the company. I have a 20meg full duplex pipe so lag isn't an issue, and my servers are pretty stable.

Only changed I made was, 10x EXP to make it easier to solo, and a slight adjustment to TP to make the fights a little more even.

easy prey gives you approx 300 - 600exp.

If you need help I am a programmer and would love to help,

Anyway thanks, hopefully see some of you soon.

Magiknight

Re: Out of nostalgia and boredum, is birthed samson.

Post by Magiknight » Sat May 03, 2014 1:15 am

There are probably a dozen servers on easy mode.

nevans

Post by nevans » Sat May 03, 2014 9:32 am

Oh, I understand, Not sure how easy my setup is I get killed often enough lol.

whasf
Site Admin

Post by whasf » Thu May 22, 2014 8:46 am

Feel free to start poking around the code and fixing up things. Reach out to KJLotus, he is the lead developer on the project and he can point you to specific stuff that needs work.

The nice thing about Git is that anyone can open a pull request with their modifications, making contributing to the project pretty easy for us to review and accept into the trunk.
-- Whasf