The Garden of Eden - HCore, Mods [Testing phase, GM for all]

masterurat

The Garden of Eden - HCore, Mods [Testing phase, GM for all]

Post by masterurat » Sun May 11, 2014 6:56 pm

Welcome to the Garden of Eden, a Darkstar ffxi Pserver with a lot more bite than the usual ffxi.

IP address: 168.144.98.169

Level Cap: 75

Starting gil: 10 + 50

Move speed: Normal

Currently Beta phase. Everyone's set to GM mode for testing. Feedback wanted.

Whats so special about this server?

------------

HARDCORE

Eden is a hardcore server, which means when you die and "homepoint" your character gets deleted. Instantly. Furthermore, the homepoint timer is dropped down from 60 minutes to... 2 minutes. Better hope there is a white mage there to raise you before the timer runs out. (there probably wont be for reasons below)

For this reason, Raise II, Raise III, Reraise, Reraise II, Reraise III, reraise hairpin/gorget/earring, hi-reraiser, super reraiser, dusty reraise, instant reraise have ALL been removed from the game.

The scroll of Raise is still in the game, as well as the med Reraiser. However, they are not obtainable in the normal way. The base price of Raise is now 75 million gil, but there IS another way to get it... Someone/something drops it in game. It's up to you players to find out what drops it ;)

Reraisers drop super rarely from the KSNM 99 fights (The Hills are Alive, Horns of War, and Early Bird Catches the Wyrm) They can be sold and traded, but considering the principle of the game I expect people will charge quite the pretty penny for such a valuable item.

---------------------
LEVEL CAPS
For obvious reasons, many zones have had level caps (ala CoP zone level cap system) placed on them. This serves 2 purposes. 1, NMs are a tough fight in these zones, 2, to make power levelling much much MUCH harder, as well as slower. I will also be trying to implement more methods to crack down on power levelling, as it kind of lower's the point of a hardcore server. Getting set back to level 1 should be devastating, and grinding back to 75 should take awhile.

Not all zones have level caps, particularly low level zones that still have HNMs deep in them.

-----------------
AUGMENTED LOOT
This is actually one of the more important facets of the server. All higher level armor after a certain point will roll with stats augmented on to it when you obtain it. In treasure pools it won't have anything, but once you obtain it, the stats roll. The higher level the armor is the better augments it will roll, and the more augments it will roll. Level 60+ armor rolls 3 augments and can result in some pretty powerful pieces of gear.

I will be working on implementing a method to reroll stats at a high cost on special weapons/armor that you can only obtain once (relic weapons for the most part)

Ill post some pics of examples of rolled armor. Also, don't worry, its not 100% random. Each slot has a pool of 20 (pretty much all good) stats it pulls from. Don't have to worry about getting negative stats on your AF2 from dynamis.

-------------------------
More Complex Job System

Unlock jobs is a lot more complex on Eden. First off, you only start with 2 jobs unlocked. 1 melee (default:War) + 1 mage (default:Rdm)

If you choose a mage as your starting job, you will have it + default melee job unlocked. If you choose a melee job, you will have it + default mage job unlocked.

IE: You choose thf to start. You start with level 1 thf and level 1 rdm unlocked.

Levelling a job to level 10 will unlock the next basic job in its rotation. The rotation is War->Mnk->Thf->War, and Whm->Blm->Rdm->Whm, so you will need to level at least 4 jobs to level 10 to unlock all 6 starting jobs.

Advanced jobs on the other hand are still unlocked the same way, through quests. However, these quests now have stricter requirements to start. Instead of just ANY job at level 30, the advanced jobs will require SPECIFIC jobs at level 30.

I will give 1 hint here, the Ranger unlock quest requires you to be at level 30+ monk and level 30+ thf.

------------
Uncapped Crafting

I have completely removed the 60-100 40 point skill cap on crafting. You can now level ALL crafts to 100 without deleveling other stats.

Testing

The server is still in its beta phase, and I would like to do a lot of stress testing on it, as well as testing of various aspects I have changed and see if there were any oversights on the restrictions.

Everyone is welcome to join and try it out, and I urge you to play around a bit here, see how you enjoy it.

Please feel free to reply to this forum with questions, concerns, or any issues you see coming from the implementations. I welcome you all to the Garden of Eden, enjoy your stay :)
Last edited by masterurat on Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

masterurat

Re: The Garden of Eden --- Hardcore server with several mods

Post by masterurat » Tue May 13, 2014 4:29 am

Update: Version 1.1 ----

--Added ability to reroll augments on the following by trading them to the Qu'Hau Spring (H-6) in Ro'Maeve (any time moon doesnt matter)
Black belt -> Black Belt + either an Adamantoise Egg, Behemoth Tongue, or Wyrm Beard
Lv 75 Relic Weapons: Trade The weapon + Its corrosponding Attestation (IE Aegis+Attest. of Invuln., or Gungnir+Attest. of Fort.)
LV 75 Mythics: The mythic weapon + 1 of either Tinnin's Fang, Saramaya's Hide, or Tyger's Tail

--Fixed the issue where you could start the dragoon job quest without having the proper prereq jobs.

--Rare/EX Armor and weapons will now roll augments when you obtain them as well.

--Made potions, hi potions, ethers, etc, stack to 12. This is pretty important for a hardcore server, as with a low playerbase Melees will want a way to heal themselves. Potions are useless in vanilla ffx, so I have revamped them.

TODO LIST:

Add ability to reroll cursed armor, I want to find a good item to consume for this. Preferably Rare/ex, but I don't want to make it super specific as using the abjurations.

I am thinking of using the abjuration as a set, IE any Neptunal Abj + any hecatomb/heca+1 piece of gear will reroll that piece of gear. But I dunno that seems awkward as people will just mass farm the easier to get of the 5 abjurations for their set. I know a few are 100% drops from easy NMs.

Whats a good Rare/Ex item that drops in Zilart content I can use to reroll cursed armor that is rare but not SUPER rare?

-----

Increase sneak/invis duration, this is also pretty important for a hardcore server.

-----

I am also looking for input on this server. I would love for some people to test it out, see how it feels, etc. I encourage people to come give the server a try :)

Anyone who has ideas on little quality of life improvements I can add to the server that wont make the game easier but are instead to make the game feel more user friendly, please reply here. I would love more ideas of stuff to implement, this is fun :D

LastStar

Post by LastStar » Tue May 13, 2014 5:06 am

I tried to connect yesterday and today and its not working for me.

masterurat

Post by masterurat » Tue May 13, 2014 5:23 am

When did you last try connecting and what errors did you get? I had someone logged on (not locally) a few hours ago so it seems to be working on my end.

LastStar

Post by LastStar » Tue May 13, 2014 8:31 am

Its working now for me not sure why its was not before.

LastStar

Post by LastStar » Tue May 13, 2014 8:58 am

i spoke too soon, i can now get all the way to selecting my character and i get stuck at downloading data. i was able to play on your server before.But not now currently,
I am getting 2 errors Error 3100 and Error 3001.

quick note, i am able to log into other private servers so im not sure why i cant connect to yours atm.

masterurat

Post by masterurat » Tue May 13, 2014 2:29 pm

Hmm this is very odd. It seems at some point in my chnages public connections to my game server have stopped working.

I have all the right ports forwarded, no firewall up, and weirdest of all my login server is fine, everyone can connect to that, but the game server just wont detect people trying to connect to it publicly.

If I connect locally to it from another computer it works fine, but if I try connecting to it at 68.148.8.199, the server just doesn't detect it.

:|

Not even any error log, it just doesn't even see the connection. But people were playing on it yesterday, and the only edits I did was to the drop table, so it must be some part of my network.

Anyone know what would cause my network to suddenly stop working for my game server, but my login server still works fine?

masterurat

Post by masterurat » Wed May 14, 2014 6:18 am

Solved the problem. Should be able to connect publicly now... Try it out tell me if it works now.

LastStar

Post by LastStar » Wed May 14, 2014 8:27 am

just tryd to log in but hangs at downloading data still. Its weird because i got to play last night for about 30 mins after i kept trying to log in every 20-30 mins and it finally let me through one time.

echoes

Post by echoes » Wed May 14, 2014 5:33 pm

Downloading data..