Kupo FFXI Nostalgic Private FFXI Server

morsx

Kupo FFXI Nostalgic Private FFXI Server

Post by morsx » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:42 pm

Opening today 2/16/2017! Leveling contest for USD $$ to encourage new members! Details on the site!

Server IP: kupo.ddns.net

Download: https://kupoffxi.com/install/
Chat: Kupo Chat

Server Settings:
* Experience rate is 1x.
* Movement speed is 1x.
* Level cap is 75.
* Fame gain 3x.
* Crafting skill up rate 2x.
* Notorious Monsters drop the non-ex gear.
* RoZ & CoP Storylines available.

Features:
* Custom working in game friendlist
* Custom player commands with ingame command list
* All AHs linked together
* Custom anti-bot
* Custom anti-exploit
* Explorer Moogle teleport to starting cities for 300 gil
* ALL AF working
* WORKING MONSTER TP so those melee classes you love are relative throughout the game!

Kupo is a private FFXI server based off the 2003 retail feeling with only CoP and RoZ expansions active. The server is 100% free and there are no donations at all! We aim to emulate retail very closely with the only variants being a few quality of life changes. We strive to be 100% bug free and have two developers with over 12 years of experience working on the server. Come play FFXI the way it was meant to be played!
Come experience the hardcore days where leveling up actually meant something and HNM’s were actually hard. Teamwork is required to equip yourself with the best gear. Hack and slash your way through nostalgic content like the dunes and crawlers nest. There is a server wide linkshell that all players start with a pearl for.

All players start at level 1, with 10 gil. No handouts will be given out to players. There will be no events that make you overpowered so you can go solo HNM’s. Everything you get will be earned from hard work, just like retail. GMs will only interact with players regarding rule infractions or bugs. Build a great community and accomplish great things!

KupoFFXI is run off a modern server with 2x E5-2967 v2 (24 cores), 256GB DD3 RAM, and SSD’s in RAID 10. We also have a separate test server running a clone of the main server for bug fixing. All this leads to a 99.9% up time with the server only rarely being restarted to apply tested patches! Live backup’s every 30 minutes!
Last edited by morsx on Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Telthir

Re: Kupo FFXI Nostalgic Private FFXI Server

Post by Telthir » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:34 pm

Interesting. You might be a blessing in disguise. I've grown disenchanted with the majority of emulated servers around here. I do have a question for you though. How serious are you about keeping this server running? How do we know it's not going to be up a month before it buckles like several other servers? There's a lot of effort that goes into playing a server like this, so you can understand how I'm feeling a bit skeptical about it.

That said, seeing that you're fronting a cash prize to get players is interesting. That puts you a step above a few of the other servers I've seen, but I'm more interested in the longevity of the server, rather than winning money for playing there.

morsx

Post by morsx » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:12 pm

Hi Telthir, thanks for dropping by! Great question, we fully intend to keep the server up and running indefinitely as a 2004 retail esk server. I myself am a software developer and have been working in desktop software for almost ten years. Being a developer gives me and the team an edge in keeping things running since this is my profession. We have invested over 5 figures in our setup as well as months of development. I hope this answers your question, if not let me know. We're happy to answer questions!

The cash prize is just to help grow the population because we realize when things first start out the server needs a boost to get the community going.

Telthir

Post by Telthir » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:20 pm

Wonderful! I plan to bring a few friends. Not to try to push for the prize, since I have no real interest in it, but more to the fact because I enjoy a good, challenging gameplay experience. I do have a few more questions though, while I have the chance.

Can players work on all crafts on one character? It's a bit of a guilty pleasure, but this is one of the features I absolutely love having available, and it makes crafting a bit less of a toil than having to make several characters just to maximize your crafts.

How is mining/harvesting and the like? Does fishing work currently? If not, will there be a way to acquire the ores/lumber/herbs and fish needed for certain crafts? Are resource gathering from nodes boosted like crafts are, or are they retail?

morsx

Post by morsx » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:07 am

That's great news!

For the time being crafting caps are set to retail. We can discuss in greater length on the server forum.

Gathering rates are currently retail and fishing appears to be broken from latest update, we are looking into it. We will be monitoring gathering/crafting to see if the gathering rate needs a boost, for now it will stay. If any gathering features break due to POL update and they aren't repaired quickly enough then we will create a way for players to obtain the materials needed for crafting. We need player crafters to keep the economy going!

Magiknight

Post by Magiknight » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:42 pm

LOOKS AMAZINNNNNNNGGG OMFG

Will you be adding toau or not? Please tell me no

morsx

Post by morsx » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:33 am

There are no plans to add toau at this time. There is far too much content to fix/develop with just RoZ and CoP

xandman

Post by xandman » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:50 pm

morsx wrote:There are no plans to add toau at this time. There is far too much content to fix/develop with just RoZ and CoP
Lets put the ToAU question another way. When alll cop content is finished and bug free would you consider adding TOAU? or if say someone starts handing you toau code on a silver platter would you take it? or is it a case of you don't really like toau and don't want it on the server?

Run_Away

Post by Run_Away » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:18 am

Warning their new xiloader.exe (that is required to connect) is capturing your mac address for logging purposes.

morsx

Post by morsx » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:39 pm

We log many metrics on the users who connect to our server for security purposes. We do not use any of the metrics we collect for any purpose other than server security. We believe all users should follow the rules and want to create a level playing field.

Many large web/gaming products also log metrics on users that connect. Every time you connect to a wifi network it logs your MAC address. If you don’t want your metrics to be logged I suggest turning off your modem and your cellphone and never turning them on again.

So if you want to play FFXI in a fair playing field give us a shot! Have fun!

Full disclosure: Run_Away is a developer for another FFXI server and he has been hacking/injecting packets since around the release of our server. He has been banned on our server at least twice now.