About the "other" DarkStar official server...

SilentReaper

Re: About the "other" DarkStar official server...

Post by SilentReaper » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:24 pm

Oh don't get me wrong, here Atom0s. This is your playground. You guys are the 1337. I couldn't do this stuff you do even if the Wizard gave me a brain.

That is why I am here asking for help. I know it is something so simple I'm just to blind to see it myself. So any idea's?

CmdrUseless

Post by CmdrUseless » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:23 pm

@SilentReaper

I got in touch with Whasf directly so I have had my iseue solved. Good luck to you, and please make your own thread next time. :P

SilentReaper

Post by SilentReaper » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:10 am

Well I thought your's and my problem was the same. *ducks his head* Sorry man.

CmdrUseless

Post by CmdrUseless » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:51 am

Sort of! I had problems connecting to the official server though, not something I hosted myself. That small detail actually makes it an entirely different issue I'm afraid - whereas I needed to get Whasf's attention about his server and you need someone's help to fix your own.

But forget about it - we're all friends here. Good luck!
Last edited by CmdrUseless on Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SilentReaper

Post by SilentReaper » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:47 pm

Well maybe what you did to get logged on might get them to log on to me, mayhaps?

I'm willing to try anything at this point.

CmdrUseless

Post by CmdrUseless » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:00 pm

I'm no expert on the subject (nor an amateur for that matter, heh) but let's see... It looks like your zoneIP isn't actually set to your WAN IP.

Basically, when you have a router your computer has an IP address that leads to the router (192.168.1.xxx). Using that IP would work on the PC tied to that IP, but none of the others as they all have their own individual router IPs. What you want to do is go to a website like WhatsMyIP.org and use the address listed there for your zoneIP instead of the router IP. This also means you want to connect to your server in Ashita using the IP listed on the site as well.

The problem with Whasf's server was that the zoneIPs were wrong - probably due to a dynamic IP address - and thus people got stuck on "Downloading data..." with no coordinates (as far as I know).

Best of luck, sir. I think that might solve your problem.

bluekirby0
Developer

Post by bluekirby0 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:35 am

If everyone playing is on the LAN then you are better off using the LAN IP. Otherwise you will have to hairpin everyone in unless your router supports hairpinning on its own (98% don't because of how NAT routers work).