About the "other" DarkStar official server...

CmdrUseless

About the "other" DarkStar official server...

Post by CmdrUseless » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:26 am

So, on the DarkStar wiki there's a server called the "Official DarkStar Test Server", tied to 46.38.63.32 hosted by whasf, right?

Well, I noticed I can't seem to get past the "Downloading data..." screen after successfully creating my character. After looking into it a little bit on the forums here (with limited success, if any) I decided to post this thread about it. How do you get past this screen? I can play on any other server that are currently up.

On that note, check out the roster and you'll see that there are tons of people that are level 1 and have "NULL" as their bazaar message. One of those characters is Daeron, which happens to be my character. This means there's been a lot of people getting stuck with the same problem! Interesting, isn't it?

Is there a way to fix this?

soulsin

Re: About the "other" DarkStar official server...

Post by soulsin » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:06 am

Let ffxi close out, and try again. It usually something it can happen, I seen happen on Retail some but rare. If that happens your stuck at Downloading Data, just simple close your FFXI and give bout min or 2 and restart your client again you should be able to get in game. If doesn't just post again and they see what you able to do get fixed
[GM] Soulsin

CmdrUseless

Post by CmdrUseless » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:20 am

Sorry, I should've added that I've tried the whole reconnect thing about 30 times if not more by now. And yes, this does mean that I patiently wait for the "Downloading data..." screen to give me a FFXI-3001 error, close the game through the in-game menu, wait a couple miutes, boot it back up, connect and repeat.

Again, I've had no trouble with any other server. This includes the old-school one, Era, and a couple others. Is it just that this server is dead, or what's going on?

Thanks for the reply either way.

soulsin

Post by soulsin » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:32 am

Maybe he could been working on the Server. Try get up with whasf since he one with the server and see what problem is, I seen him making post that he was working on a server and been down for Maint, might been it. Mean time is your FFXI Client up to date with Ver 30140702_4 just incase it isn't, even tho able connect to other servers. But could be something with his database that giving you error. Idk what doing for you, I have no try connect to it as I have my own server working on for friends.
[GM] Soulsin

CmdrUseless

Post by CmdrUseless » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:36 am

Yep, I updated my client earlier today (again) just to make sure it was all good to go. I think I'll have to wait for whasf to check it out, if it's still a running server that is.

soulsin

Post by soulsin » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:39 am

You could try PM him maybe, but I sure he might see this post too see that may be some forum issue. I hope gets working for you, so that you be able to enjoy FFXI.
[GM] Soulsin

CmdrUseless

Post by CmdrUseless » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:42 am

I'll wait a while and see if he catches this thread before I start nagging him with PMs I think.

I could play on another server, but ... well, Era is way too laggy and it's driving me and my buddy up a wall, and he can't handle the retail experience rate of the old-school server (which is a shame). We tried Nasomi as well but they don't have the DNC job available due to being locked to Chains of Promathia (which is a REAL gamebreaker for my friend who really wants to play as one.

See the problem? Haha. The DarkStar Test Server would be perfect for us.

soulsin

Post by soulsin » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:50 am

Yea some server want you not lvl to fast but fast enuff to enjoy, and most of server give you all jobs unlock, Which DNC is WoTG. I have seen some servers not even stock their AH, and just let players do that. If no AH means cant really get Gear,Spells, or anything really. Cause with min pop its ruff. For my friends they have all jobs unlocked, all SJ Unlocked, and few other things. Which still working on the gear on my server for them, they kinda letting me know what working before they share with their friends. Which only 3 of us that play on it. The Dark Star server seems like be good for you two. Hope he get back to you soon so able to enjoy
[GM] Soulsin

Rur0uni

Post by Rur0uni » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:00 am

I guess I'm a bit relieved to see this thread, since I'm getting the same error when I try to get into that server. Been away for a while, and today was the first chance I've had to try and get back into Whasf's server. I got back into my old account, my character was still there on the login server, and when it went to to the game server, FFXI-3001.

I tried another server or two and got in no problem. Hopefully it's just an extended maintenance or something else I wouldn't have caught having been out of the loop for so long lol

SilentReaper

Post by SilentReaper » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:16 am

This is my first post on the DSPT forum. So first off I just wanted to say hello and give a big thanks to the DSPT. I installed the private server on my laptop last week and been having fun running around checking stuff out. It's been years since I last played FFXI. So thank you for doing this.

But here is my issue. I can log into Era's and a few others game servers and play with no problem. I tried to log onto DS Test server and got stuck on the downloading, closed it out, restarted, and stuck again. Rinse and repeat several times. Nothing. SO I tried to do my own server so my wife, son, daughter so we could play as a family. Strange thing happens, I can get in and play but they can't. All three of them get the same thing, they get stuck at the downloading page and close out with the 3001 error every time.

They can get into my login server and create an account. It shows up in the Darkstar DB when I look at it with Navicat. They create a character those show up in the char. file. They don't make it in the world. They don't claim a nation or get xyz cord for position. I have tried the @reset they get xyz but no nation and still can't enter the world. So we installed private servers on my wife's and my daughter's laptops. They can log in and play on their own private server as per the directions, but when it comes to all playing on the same server, outcome is the same for all FFXI Error 3001. My wife and I have been trying to figure this out for about a week and can't come up with a solution. So I figured maybe you guys would have some idea's to help out.

We have tried every idea we could think of and nothing. Even reinstalling, and nada. We have firewalls down, all the required ports are forwarded. Clients are up to date. We are using Ashita v2 from Era's page, we have tried other clients as well and all end with the 3001. My intranet IP is static and under Query it shows UPDATE zone_settings SET zoneip = '1728161984'; and their clients are set to 192.168.1.103.

So any idea's would be great. Keep up the good work for DS I love it.