Demiurge, the build it as we go server

TeoTwawki
Developer

Demiurge, the build it as we go server

Post by TeoTwawki » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:26 pm

Most servers either try to lock the game to a particular point in FFXI's history, or have to use customization to fill in the gaps where things do not yet exist in Darkstar. Demiurge isn't going either route: 75 cap now, and can rise later when there is enough Darkstar content for it to make sense doing so. Starting with only original+Zilart+CoP, but we'll add ToAU and WotG later.

Server address (both game and website): Discord: Major settings and config options changed from defaults*:
  • Double base EXP from monster kills with additional Bonus for EXP chains
  • Gobbiebag/Mog Safe/etc 80 slots. All Wardrobes enabled.
  • exp_loss_level: 20
  • speed_mod: +40
  • sj_mp_divisor: 1.5
  • Battle_cap_tweak: 5
  • healing_tick_delay: 5
  • START_GIL = 1000
  • ALL_MAPS = 1
  • UNLOCK_OUTPOST_WARPS = 2
  • EXPLORER_MOOGLE_LEVELCAP = 1
  • Augmented starting rings
  • subjob to mainjob ratio of 2/3 instead of 1/2 (on all entity types: mobs players and pets too)
*Settings subject to change after player feedback.

Other info:
  • Subjob quest starts auto completed.
  • Job quests must be done.
  • Maat's level cap quests must be done.
  • Battle EXP and especially chain EXP is buffed.. ..Book EXP is NOT. Chain like the good old days, or die trying!
  • Currently hosted on a Virtual machine generously provided by Whasf, on the same hardware the Official DarkStar Classic Server lives on.
I don't check this thread that often, so you are encouraged to use the discord for questions.
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS