Post by Aurasplash » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:26 pm

New FFXI Hard Core Private Server Now Open
Welcome to Aurora!

75 Level Cap Forever
1x Exp rate
Default Movement Speed
Death = Current Job Delevel to 1
ZM and CoP, currently

Current with the Darkstar main branch as of 3 days ago. Will update to darkstar main branch once a month or so at the beginning of each month but before the official update (It's the plan at least).

75 level cap server currently at ZM and CoP era, see discord for more info.

Main gameplay customization with this server is I consider it a Hardcore server. Meaning... when a character dies, the current job will go to level 1 regardless of what level it is. Additionally, cure/protect/shell/haste/~nas can not be cast on playable characters outside of an alliance (no power leveling!). There are other minor customizations like leaping boots instead of bounding boots from lizzy. Gobbiebag materials from ToAU and WotG can drop from specific monsters or NM see changelog link on discord.

Don't have a website yet, all the information is on a Discord channel, including how to log in and a changelog link (everything I have changed).

I am unaware of any hardcore server like this yet, if there is another I am interested to talk with people who run it and trade ideas. There is a place in the discord for advice/suggestions/requests with the server content.

I am NOT a programmer (yet, maybe) but am having a ton of fun learning and trying to understand why the changes I make work or don't work and testing them. I am looking for a mentor of sorts within the darkstar project who I can chat or talk with periodically to learn from. I would love to help with the development of the darkstar project in any way I can, not sure how much I can do though for the time being.

Thank you to everyone who helped me get the server to the point it is at now! There are many knowledgeable and helpful people here, what a great community.

https://discord.gg/HYtX3Re

Cheers!
Aurasplash
Last edited by Aurasplash on Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:05 am, edited 3 times in total.

Magiknight

Re: Aurora, A New Hardcore FFXI Private Server

Post by Magiknight » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:48 am

Best server since Kupo's

psyclosis

Re: Aurora, A New Hardcore FFXI Private Server

Post by psyclosis » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:20 pm

so lemme get this straight u get to 74 base leveling and lets say get caught by a aoe or get caught with doom or anything in game u die and become level 1 and then have to level char again with 1x exp to max again...wow harsh good luck with that though :)