Omstart Server OPEN

RenO

Re: Omstart Server OPEN

Post by RenO » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:35 am

Rikcrea wrote:Server Status: ONLINE
NO RE ENGAGE DELAY
Heya, can you tell me how to modify this in my server?

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:19 am

RenO wrote:
Rikcrea wrote:Server Status: ONLINE
NO RE ENGAGE DELAY
Heya, can you tell me how to modify this in my server?
look near line 304 og src/map/ai/ai_char_normal.cpp

However removing the delay entirely is extremely exploitable particularly with high delay weaponry. I'm hoping to get a setting into trunk to allow adjusting the total delay by percentage of retail's delay. around 85% seems fairly safe and less agonizingly slow.
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS

Delaide

Post by Delaide » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:22 am

teotwawki wrote:look near line 304 og src/map/ai/ai_char_normal.cpp

However removing the delay entirely is extremely exploitable particularly with high delay weaponry. I'm hoping to get a setting into trunk to allow adjusting the total delay by percentage of retail's delay. around 85% seems fairly safe and less agonizingly slow.
I am confused by this. How would you exploit? You mean character attacks. Disengage, reengage, immediately attack again, disengage, reengage, attack again, etc? Or do you mean timing hits?

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:23 pm

Delaide wrote:
teotwawki wrote:look near line 304 og src/map/ai/ai_char_normal.cpp

I am confused by this. How would you exploit? You mean character attacks. Disengage, reengage, immediately attack again, disengage, reengage, attack again, etc? Or do you mean timing hits?
The reason the delay exists is because on retail people were able to use a specially formed macro to get near 100 fists effect with disengage/reengage. SE "fixed" it by making reengage take forever, there was still a way to do it after, but it was at least harder and easier to catch people trying it.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding

RenO

Post by RenO » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:11 am

Is the delay this 1500 value in :

src/map/ai/ai_char_normal.cpp :
m_LastMeleeTime = m_Tick - m_PChar->m_Weapons[SLOT_MAIN]->getDelay() + 1500;

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:43 am

It adds m_LastMeleeTime and your weapon delay at line 304 (yes, weapon delay is counted twice, 1 is the current weapon and 1 is the weapon you last swung).

Selius

Post by Selius » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:16 am

anybody manage to log in yet or what?

the ip doesnt work

etnuh

Post by etnuh » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:37 pm

how do you access this server? its been awhile since i played and most are using windower

atom0s
Developer

Post by atom0s » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:15 pm

etnuh wrote:how do you access this server? its been awhile since i played and most are using windower
Most players that play on private servers use Ashita, not Windower. A select few servers use Windower because Ashita is blacklisted for their server due to them profiting off our work.

etnuh

Post by etnuh » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:09 pm

atom0s wrote:
etnuh wrote:how do you access this server? its been awhile since i played and most are using windower
Most players that play on private servers use Ashita, not Windower. A select few servers use Windower because Ashita is blacklisted for their server due to them profiting off our work.

ok i never used ashita i will look into it thanks