To all users out there who read this

bdk

Re: To all users out there who read this

Post by bdk » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:33 am

Magiknight wrote:No I am not after a 75 cap server. If I was after a 75 cap server I would have asked for a 75 cap server or simply visited the public server sections of these forums. My post didn't ask for that.
LOL, so you insult people who are trying to help you? Nice work... GL

You expect a server that's lv99 cap but no content post CoP? rofl...

Just because the content is there doesn't mean you have to use it... most content post CoP is bugged or doesn't work at all anyway unless the owner/admins have fixed that particular content. On BNET server there's no real point to accessing areas/content past CoP since Tagban is sticking fairly strictly to DSP.

Don't like DNC? Don't bloody play it!!! Stick to ZM and CoP or the original basic jobs!!!

kernel

Post by kernel » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:52 am

I don't know. I think magiknight has a point. Most of our best memories were from older content in the game. My fondest memories came from Zilart and accessing sky for the first time and then having a huge base of people / alliances fighting gods :-). Its difficult having a 75 private server without many people joining Because you need lots of teamwork to slay those beasts haha.

Also you have to go back to the days where you were leveling in Crawlers Nest and Garliage when people would train scorpions and beetles to zone lol and seeing shouts like "ZOOOONEEEE NOWWW!" lol Those were fun believe it or not.

Delaide

Post by Delaide » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:13 am

I remember when I was a lowly whm doing dunes raises for gil. lol, I also remember someone trained Shadow Marchelute all the way to the highlands. I could beat most mobs in the dunes, and didn't know who that was, so thought I would save the day and kill this monster that was killing all the parties the entire way back.
It didn't work so well xD

Magiknight

Post by Magiknight » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:48 pm

You can't read...... I never said I wanted a lvl 99 cap......omg
bdk wrote:
Magiknight wrote:No I am not after a 75 cap server. If I was after a 75 cap server I would have asked for a 75 cap server or simply visited the public server sections of these forums. My post didn't ask for that.
LOL, so you insult people who are trying to help you? Nice work... GL

You expect a server that's lv99 cap but no content post CoP? rofl...

Just because the content is there doesn't mean you have to use it... most content post CoP is bugged or doesn't work at all anyway unless the owner/admins have fixed that particular content. On BNET server there's no real point to accessing areas/content past CoP since Tagban is sticking fairly strictly to DSP.

Don't like DNC? Don't bloody play it!!! Stick to ZM and CoP or the original basic jobs!!!

Magiknight

Post by Magiknight » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:48 pm

I'm this close to buying a HP Stream 13in just to host a FFXI server. I can't do it on my mac since FFXI is on bootcamp and I'm usually using OS X.
kernel wrote:
Delaide wrote:Honestly, that is the beauty of DSP, you can make your own server to your tastes and preferences, and then let others join it. If they want to join, they will seek you out. If they don't, they won't. Honestly, throwing out a question of "would anyone join me" isn't the way to go. Just do it. If it fails, then it fails, and nothing lost. You aren't paying for the server code, only your electricity and internet bill. You can cancel any time. Think of it as the ultimate market test. Little costs, and you see how others react.
haha yeah that's a good point! That's why I see a lot of other posts from users asking if people would join if they create a server. Everyone has their preference in joining either an easy, normal or hard server and that's what makes DSP great because you get a variety of all :)

whasf
Site Admin

Post by whasf » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:46 pm

I love these threads. They pop up every few months or so :D
-- Whasf

kernel

Post by kernel » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:14 pm

Delaide wrote:I remember when I was a lowly whm doing dunes raises for gil. lol, I also remember someone trained Shadow Marchelute all the way to the highlands. I could beat most mobs in the dunes, and didn't know who that was, so thought I would save the day and kill this monster that was killing all the parties the entire way back.
It didn't work so well xD
LOL that's hilarious! I did a similar thing with Sea Horror at level 50 blm on the boat... I told everyone to stand back I got this! And casted Freeze on it... couple seconds later.. I fell to the ground :( I was so embarrassed I just HP'd and logged out. lol

Delaide

Post by Delaide » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:39 pm

Yeah. I got sea horrored too.

kernel

Post by kernel » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:44 pm

Haha I do miss the pirate ship experience from retail. I think everyone here had a good memorable time with them. If any server gets that working, I'm joining just to go through it all over again! I'll hang out on the boat all day fishing and hoping to get the pirate ship :)

One great place you can hang out after a long day on retail was the boat from Selbina to Mhaura with the occasional pirate encounter lol

Selius

Post by Selius » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:43 am

legiondark without pop system or reforged relic armor that takes 500 hours to get. heh.

relic/mythic/empy weps all balanced to be equivalently useful.

uncapped everything. CoP, promies, etc etc

a steady gear progression system where you turn in old shit to get your spiffy new shit. not just replace it and go "oh well, -1 inventory space cuz i dont wanna throw it away"

a crafting system that supports level 99 shit.

augments. preferably a scaling system that makes you god mode with effort.

and incredistupidly strong enemies to use my very OP hard earned gear on. i wanna feel like a god fighting gods