Caladbolg

Desufire

Caladbolg

Post by Desufire » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:46 am

Server IP:: 24.101.153.155 IP as of 8/20/15

Server Website:: http://caladbolg.enjin.com/

I created Caladbolg with some friends because we missed playing FFxi. We've decided that we now have the world set in a fairly balanced way.
Caladbolg is NOT an instant gratification server. You'll have to play, level, craft, and farm like you did in retail. It will just be a bit easier and quicker. We wanted the grind aspect that comes with every RPG, just not in the extensive time consuming way they do it.
So if you're a player looking for a world that will make you work for your stuff, but won't make you feel as if you just wasted hours of your life; then join us in Caladbolg!

ImageCaladbolg's Settings

Expansions:: All. (Did this due to spells/abilities needing the content).
Level Cap:: 99

Sub Job:: Unlocked (No need for quest)
Advanced Jobs:: Locked (Do quests to unlock)
Start with All Maps
Start with All Outpost Warps

exp_rate: 6.0
speed_mod: 30

skillup_chance_multiplier: 10
craft_chance_multiplier: 10

skillup_amount_multiplier: 5
craft_amount_multiplier: 5

drop_rate_multiplier: 5.5

There are 3 GMs, 1 for each Nation, that can assist you if needed.

For more information, please visit the website above.
Last edited by Desufire on Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Desufire

Re: Caladbolg

Post by Desufire » Mon May 04, 2015 5:10 am

Updated to provide better info.

sabriuae

Post by sabriuae » Mon May 11, 2015 10:00 pm

Nice but Exp rate is way low...
How about you start with X10 Exp rate.

Delaide

Post by Delaide » Mon May 11, 2015 10:46 pm

sabriuae wrote:Nice but Exp rate is way low...
I thought he said why:
Desufire wrote:Caladbolg is NOT an instant gratification server. You'll have to play, level, craft, and farm like you did in retail. It will just be a bit easier and quicker. We wanted the grind aspect that comes with every RPG, just not in the extensive time consuming way they do it.

Desufire

Post by Desufire » Tue May 12, 2015 11:26 pm

Delaide wrote:
sabriuae wrote:Nice but Exp rate is way low...
I thought he said why:
Desufire wrote:Caladbolg is NOT an instant gratification server. You'll have to play, level, craft, and farm like you did in retail. It will just be a bit easier and quicker. We wanted the grind aspect that comes with every RPG, just not in the extensive time consuming way they do it.
Thank you Delaide lol, exactly. With the exp rate where it is, we've had BLM groups getting over 4k xp on chain 10+. All about partying on Caladbolg if you want to level quick.

Ace

Post by Ace » Thu May 14, 2015 12:36 pm

*** Be warned NO dual boxing allowed *** I hope you have fun looking for some one. also only the base jobs given so no /dnc till you unlock it.

Malborr

Post by Malborr » Thu May 14, 2015 1:35 pm

Ace wrote:*** Be warned NO dual boxing allowed *** I hope you have fun looking for some one. also only the base jobs given so no /dnc till you unlock it.
I understand you would like to dual box. The website: http://caladbolg.enjin.com/home states this

"Dual Boxing is NOT allowed! Caladbolg is run from a desktop PC and not an actual server. Because of this, we do not know exactly how many players the world can handle at one time and by dual boxing, you only hurt this number."

Please read websites rules before jumping to a server.

Desufire

Post by Desufire » Thu May 14, 2015 6:54 pm

Ace wrote:*** Be warned NO dual boxing allowed *** I hope you have fun looking for some on. also only the base jobs given so no /dnc till you unlock it.
No dual boxing allowed for now. It defeats the purpose of being social with the other players and we're unsure how many users we can handle.

As for the /dnc thing, "Advanced Jobs: Locked" means advanced jobs need to be unlocked via its quest.

I wish you well in your future and hope you find a server that caters to your needs. :) :) Thank you for trying Caladbolg and providing feedback.

Desufire

Post by Desufire » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:09 am

IP changed. Edited main post to correct it.

Desufire

Post by Desufire » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:42 pm

Updated with IP change. Cleaned up the page so it doesn't look so ... cluttered. Basic info now provided here. All info provided at Caladbolg website.