Vrtra private server (Closed)

wadski

Re: Vrtra private server now open!

Post by wadski » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:12 pm

Curly wrote:Curly's Server Review

I've taken the liberty to break down my reviews this time. On a 1-10 Scale. 1 being the worst. 10 being the best. I am also using a new review format for the servers I review. Which goes as follows. Keep in mind this is my opinion of the server from my own experience. Yours may differ. Thank you.

Community
Staff/GM's
PvE
Job Balance
Custom Content
Economy
Fun Factor
Final Thoughts

Community - 2/10
Not many players (as of yet) on the server. But those who are on the server tend to keep to themselves and don't wish to have any real interaction. However there has been a small stream of players who come on, but the social aspect of peer-to-peer relations isn't really there. The foundation for players to group up and do content isn't yet established, and the players that are there are very distant from one another. The future holds the truth of what may come of the community, but for now. It's staying at a 2 out of 10.

Staff/GMs - 3/10
Staff are very loose here, they don't pay much attention to the players when asked direct questions. It is left up to the players to do a lot of the problem solving on their own even with new players. The staff or GM's in this case have a bad wrap of making changes to classes/items and they don't speak about it at all with the players. As it effects the live side of the server. In my most humble opinion, they need to pay more attention to the players as a whole. There is a very distant relationship between players and GM which if not filled will drive players away from their server.

PvE - 6/10
PvE has always been the main squeeze of Final Fantasy 11 Online. However on this private server it seems to be a bit more "challenging" than most. The party system plays a big role here, however most jobs can level up fairly easily to 30 on their own and can take down most mobs. At around 60+ is where players should start partying up for experience run. PvE here is challenging, yet fun because the fights are tougher than retail, but still rewarding.

Job Balance - 4/10
The jobs aren't too balanced. It seems casters have more of an edge in the PvE scene more than melee do. This becomes rather troublesome since there are mobs which are immune to magic damage but take physical damage. The balance of Melee to Magic should be looked at in all retrospects and given a fair amount of treatment in order to make sure all jobs are included in end-game to mid-game content.

Custom Content - 2/10
Most of the content here is vanilla, not much to explore and whatever custom content is available has already been replicated in other servers. So it more or less comes down to a cookie-cutter design,, which I believe this server can very well reach from if they try and are more into that kind of path. Custom content is what sets apart most FFXI Private servers as each server has their own hook, which snags and reels a player in, the lack of custom content is going to harm the server's growth in the long run as there are already servers that are either custom or vanilla (retail) in a sense so this would be just a carbon copy of another server that already exist. However this server is still very much new and we've yet to see it's full potential for the future!

Economy - 10/10
Money is of no short value here and is easily made. Mobs have a 100% drop rate on money, but as levels increase, the amount dropped dwindles. However this is easily fixed by moving to the appropriate zone for the players level. A drop of 10k Gil per mob is enough to get any new player up and running especially in the starting zone. Also with a full auction house that is stocked around the clock, players can gear up easily for their level while continuing to line their pockets with jinglyshines.

Fun Factor: 5/10
The old bits of nostalgia are there, and there is much fun to be had within the first few hours of the server when you get inside. Being able to slap mobs around at Level 1 with the custom food is fun. But it dies off pretty quick when you've been at it for a good while, as it goes with any MMO. The grind is there that's always been in any traditional FF Experience. But with the help of the Anniversary Custom ring, leveling becomes a breeze, however there is no real room for players to go back and skill up on their own as the auto-skill up function is in place and prevents this. While this may be a nice boon for some, it however eliminates the need to form a skill up party with anyone and makes the "lone wolf" factor more apparent the further the player goes own the rabbit hole.

Final Thoughts
The server is "alright" in terms of playing, however the GM's really need to be more in touch with their community. The sense of balance between jobs is completely off and doesn't really dictate a sense of "accomplishment" when turning over mobs for experience. The overall community...is kind of just there, but nobody really engages in social activity and everyone goes about doing their own thing, which would at end-game make it difficult to get anything done. The custom content is just a variety of @commands like any other server has and the only real perk is the Salvage Shop. This would be a server I'd play for about a good two weeks before moving onto something that holds more accomplished values instead of it being spoon fed to me on a silver plate.

- Curly

Since when did private servers need reviews? We do this for fun. As we GM's have families also. We follow core when it comes to jobs, so if you don't like it go complain there. And lastly, if you're not happy there are tons of servers out there for you to choose from.

wadski

Post by wadski » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:19 pm

This guy also complained for days on end when we fixed something that was OP. (food) Sorry but can't take any of this serious at all. Relentless, rude posts on our forums. Bitching in ls chat constantly . Do us a favor and go be someone else's problem! :)

Curly

Post by Curly » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:21 pm

wadski wrote:

I've taken the liberty to break down my reviews this time. On a 1-10 Scale. 1 being the worst. 10 being the best. I am also using a new review format for the servers I review. Which goes as follows. Keep in mind this is my opinion of the server from my own experience. Yours may differ. Thank you.

Community
Staff/GM's
PvE
Job Balance
Custom Content
Economy
Fun Factor
Final Thoughts

Community - 2/10
Not many players (as of yet) on the server. But those who are on the server tend to keep to themselves and don't wish to have any real interaction. However there has been a small stream of players who come on, but the social aspect of peer-to-peer relations isn't really there. The foundation for players to group up and do content isn't yet established, and the players that are there are very distant from one another. The future holds the truth of what may come of the community, but for now. It's staying at a 2 out of 10.

Staff/GMs - 3/10
Staff are very loose here, they don't pay much attention to the players when asked direct questions. It is left up to the players to do a lot of the problem solving on their own even with new players. The staff or GM's in this case have a bad wrap of making changes to classes/items and they don't speak about it at all with the players. As it effects the live side of the server. In my most humble opinion, they need to pay more attention to the players as a whole. There is a very distant relationship between players and GM which if not filled will drive players away from their server.

PvE - 6/10
PvE has always been the main squeeze of Final Fantasy 11 Online. However on this private server it seems to be a bit more "challenging" than most. The party system plays a big role here, however most jobs can level up fairly easily to 30 on their own and can take down most mobs. At around 60+ is where players should start partying up for experience run. PvE here is challenging, yet fun because the fights are tougher than retail, but still rewarding.

Job Balance - 4/10
The jobs aren't too balanced. It seems casters have more of an edge in the PvE scene more than melee do. This becomes rather troublesome since there are mobs which are immune to magic damage but take physical damage. The balance of Melee to Magic should be looked at in all retrospects and given a fair amount of treatment in order to make sure all jobs are included in end-game to mid-game content.

Custom Content - 2/10
Most of the content here is vanilla, not much to explore and whatever custom content is available has already been replicated in other servers. So it more or less comes down to a cookie-cutter design,, which I believe this server can very well reach from if they try and are more into that kind of path. Custom content is what sets apart most FFXI Private servers as each server has their own hook, which snags and reels a player in, the lack of custom content is going to harm the server's growth in the long run as there are already servers that are either custom or vanilla (retail) in a sense so this would be just a carbon copy of another server that already exist. However this server is still very much new and we've yet to see it's full potential for the future!

Economy - 10/10
Money is of no short value here and is easily made. Mobs have a 100% drop rate on money, but as levels increase, the amount dropped dwindles. However this is easily fixed by moving to the appropriate zone for the players level. A drop of 10k Gil per mob is enough to get any new player up and running especially in the starting zone. Also with a full auction house that is stocked around the clock, players can gear up easily for their level while continuing to line their pockets with jinglyshines.

Fun Factor: 5/10
The old bits of nostalgia are there, and there is much fun to be had within the first few hours of the server when you get inside. Being able to slap mobs around at Level 1 with the custom food is fun. But it dies off pretty quick when you've been at it for a good while, as it goes with any MMO. The grind is there that's always been in any traditional FF Experience. But with the help of the Anniversary Custom ring, leveling becomes a breeze, however there is no real room for players to go back and skill up on their own as the auto-skill up function is in place and prevents this. While this may be a nice boon for some, it however eliminates the need to form a skill up party with anyone and makes the "lone wolf" factor more apparent the further the player goes own the rabbit hole.

Final Thoughts
The server is "alright" in terms of playing, however the GM's really need to be more in touch with their community. The sense of balance between jobs is completely off and doesn't really dictate a sense of "accomplishment" when turning over mobs for experience. The overall community...is kind of just there, but nobody really engages in social activity and everyone goes about doing their own thing, which would at end-game make it difficult to get anything done. The custom content is just a variety of @commands like any other server has and the only real perk is the Salvage Shop. This would be a server I'd play for about a good two weeks before moving onto something that holds more accomplished values instead of it being spoon fed to me on a silver plate.

- Curly

Since when did private servers need reviews? We do this for fun. As we GM's have families also. We follow core when it comes to jobs, so if you don't like it go complain there. And lastly, if you're not happy there are tons of servers out there for you to choose from.
I give them based off my personal experience on the server. Nothing wrong with a review. It's the same reason why anything is reviewed, so people know what they're getting into before they go for it. It's like buying a game, do you want to drop the 60$ on something you'd be unhappy with? Also if you've heard of the community of Ragnarok Online. They also have private servers and a website that's dedicated to players not only throwing out advertisements for their server, but the overall community rates and gives feedback on their experience.

You can view that here. - http://ratemyserver.net

Also if you can't conduct yourself properly in the forums, then don't bother posting as it just shows how juvenile you are as a server admin. I don't think I will be returning to the server with a GM like that.

jazzy

Post by jazzy » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:40 pm

Curly wrote:
wadski wrote:

Also if you can't conduct yourself properly in the forums, then don't bother posting as it just shows how juvenile you are as a server admin. I don't think I will be returning to the server with a GM like that.

Wait.. Your telling someone to conduct themselves properly in a forum yet you don't do that ? I've seen your posts and rants in LS chat as well.. Yes the server is new but like any server takes time to grow and fix things and then fix them even more. You complained for DAYS about them taking the food out. I've seen you act like a child on this server and at least one other when things didn't go your way. The Gm's here have been very helpful to everyone that I've personally seen ask for help. People don't respond well to rudeness so yes.. they will tend to ignore you after awhile. ANYONE would do this.

Anyways so far this server is doing pretty good. Like any new server there is room to grow and change/fix things.. I think it's going in the right direction so far.

wadski

Post by wadski » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:42 pm

Thing is you didnt spend 60 bucks on it, and you wont. Reviews are fine. But the negative sides of it are based off problems in DSP core that we can do nothing about. So if you are going to review something. At least take a look at this thread here https://wiki.dspt.info/index.php/What_Works

It's your opinion so thanks for that. But your negativity on our forums and in game won't be missed.

Good luck!

tabitaru

Post by tabitaru » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:14 am

!
Last edited by tabitaru on Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

wadski

Post by wadski » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:34 am

tabitaru wrote:
wadski wrote:Since when did private servers need reviews? We do this for fun. As we GM's have families also. We follow core when it comes to jobs, so if you don't like it go complain there. And lastly, if you're not happy there are tons of servers out there for you to choose from.
Well said bro, not sure who this is, popped up about a month ago and seems to think he is it. Maybe if you are unable to create a server you need to hang on to the coattails of those who can.

I personally don't read anything he writes ^.^

Its hard when he is constantly bitching in game then writing a nasty forum post about a broken SMN that is completely broke in core.. lol well 0 fucks given :P

tabitaru

Post by tabitaru » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:03 am

!
Last edited by tabitaru on Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

demolish
Developer

Post by demolish » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:12 am

<Giblet[NewBrain]> kj with this first step would be fine on my shit
Click here for a guide on scripting missions.

wadski

Post by wadski » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:19 am

Updated the OP as vrtra has been closed for a while, But Have moved on to another server.