LM Darkstar Project Server *Back Online*

B_Type13X2

LM Darkstar Project Server *Back Online*

Post by B_Type13X2 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:31 pm

What is LM Darkstar Project Server? Getting started LM is short for Landmark. This may seem like a weird thing to name a server or a character for that matter however; a Landmark is a constant used for navigation, everything around it may change but Landmarks stay constant. The server itself is intended to be familiar for those of us who played FFXI during its golden days, I have made a few tweaks naturally to help with the aspects of the game that were not enjoyable and acted as barriers for players to enjoy content. I am a firm believer in people earning what they get, so you will never be given items as a matter of course unless there is a compelling reason (eg. a quest being broken.) for it. The server itself will stay constant to the experience in 2008 which means that I will only support up to the completion of WOTG. I wont stop updating the server, but I will never enable any expansions or micro expansions that occurred after WOTG release. I will naturally re-examine this policy if there is an overwhelming demand for it by my playerbase.

Server Name: LM's Darkstar Project FFXI Server
Jobs: Locked (unlockable by NPC quests- Run/ Geo forever locked.)
IP Address: 68.149.188.198
To Connect to LM server edit the settings XML document with notepad and copy/ Paste the following into the profile field:

Code: Select all

<profile name="LM Server">
    <consolekey>Insert</consolekey>
    <mipmaplevel>3</mipmaplevel>
    <uiscale>1</uiscale>
    <supersampling>2</supersampling>
    <bumpmapping>true</bumpmapping>
    <args>--server 68.149.188.198  --user username</args>
    <executable>xiloader.exe</executable>
  </profile>
Save exit start windower.
Server Status: Online (rarely down, The server is up 24 hours a day unless someone happens to hit the box outside my house with a truck again.)
Server Level Cap: 75
Mission Level Cap: Disabled for CoP.
Expansions: Zilart, CoP, ToAU and WoTG are exactly as they are for DSP.****
Server Rates (Exp/Crafting/FoV) (*Unless Specified it is retail)
Exp: 5X **
Speed: 40 (2x retail) (monster movement rate has been increased a similar amount so as to not effect kiting)
Skill up Multiplier: 5.5
Craft Skill up Chance: 5.6
Droprate: 1.0*
Mob Gil Bonus: 50***
Start Gil: 100,000***
All Maps+ Outposts: UNLOCKED
Fame for all nations: 3X
Gil rate all missions: 3X
Excavation, Mining, Harvesting: 0.75 (0.33 is retail
Landking system: Hybrid (both spawn/ Pop)
HNM's: They spawn every 150 -180 seconds (2.5 to 3 minutes)*
NM's: Same as HNM's for monsters with desirable drops. *
Auction House: Stocked currently ***
Homepoint Teleport's : Disabled as is home point Heal.

**** Missions/ quests I have currently played through the missions of every nation to Rank 6 as well as run through Zilart and CoP in their entirety to ensure that they are currently working. If there are any issues at all that you run into bugs etc... post them first here: https://github.com/DarkstarProject/darkstar/issues so they can be worked on, then message me on the forums here or /tell Landmark in game if I am online and I will do my best to help with them.

***Mob gil bonus/ Starting gil / Auction house stocking will all be slowly lowered until these things can support itself. I will cease stocking all finished products almost immediately but will continue to stock materials until the playerbase makes that self sufficient. Mob gil bonus will be lowered and altogether removed once a fluid and liquid amount of gil finds its way onto the server. It may seem like I am giving early players a bonus and that is absolutely true, if/when the playerbase reaches certain thresholds it would be very foolish of my to keep the bonus gil turned up because gil would become useless in the economy. Player starting gil is something that I would like to have stay at 100k to make starting out easier, but if I find someone creating and deleting endless players and then delivery boxing the gil to another character I will deal with the offending player in the same way SE has dealt with duping in the past. (LM-17'd) If it becomes a huge problem I will simply set starting gil to retail.***

** Exp rate this will come down to player feel, before I change this I will ask the playerbase if they feel that it is too fast/ slow. Currently a 5X exp rate is quite fast for low levels but I think it feels just right for mid to higher levels. The idea with the current offset is to minimize the grind for exp to enable players to enjoy other aspects of the game. And this might be scaled up as more and more players hit 75 and find themselves in the merit grind. I will also increase the exp rate to celebrate server milestones (active players reached, accounts registered, etc.)**

* HNM and NM spawn rate is set as it is to enable players to fight the land kings and NM's with desirable drops as frequently as they want. This is to minimize time spent camping these nm's from months / years to days/ weeks at the worst. If players find that the monsters/ NM's are spawning too quickly I will adjust their re-spawn timers accordingly. (I have a feeling that this is a little to fast currently but want to play it by ear before I increase spawn timers/ windows.) Item drop rates may also be increased if feedback supports this. I however do not anticipate any real problems due to the frequency at which NM and HNM's pop.*

Salvage equipment policy: Currently salvage is not working as intended, as such I have decided to award salvage equipment based on character milestones. To attain one complete salvage set you must achieve: Rank 6+, Zilart, CoP completion, Apocalypse Nigh, Ouryu Cometh, and The Wyrmking descends. After completing all of these I will give you 1 full set of salvage gear of your choice. Additional pieces of salvage gear will be given out when other milestones are reached. That too will be discussed with the player base to come up with fair / reasonable milestones to receive additional salvage equipment. (**** I really don't want to just give away salvage sets readily and easily because there will be a day when DSP finishes with TOAU missions and Salvage, and I want the players to have a reason to want to do this content.****)

Dynamis Currently you can do every single dynamis once every 24 hours, currency drop rates support a theoretical completion of a relic within a month due to the overhaul of the dynamis system SE implemented. I have also adjusted the speed at which you can progress between stages of your relic from a week down to a mere 7 minutes. You will still have to put the work in to get your relic and indeed still have to work with other players to complete your relic. Relics are meant to be special, and indeed they are special, but if you dedicate yourself to that goal you can complete one or more.

What type of hardware is the server hosted on?
I7 950
Asus X58 Sabretooth
12gbs of Kingston (1066 ddr3 ram)
Samsung Evo 850 pro 256gb SSD ***
XFX Radeon 6870's in Crossfire
internet connection: 125mb/s down and 12mb/s up connection **

***Due to SSD drives tendency to fail all at once I have a quad redundancy for backing up all important data; your character data and all important files pertinent to the server are dumped to an Internal 1TB WD black drive, and to my home networks NAS, To my main desktop (which automatically gets backed up to another storage drive in that) as well as to an external USB hard drive. Short of an act of god (massive flooding) you can be certain that if something happens to my main drive you will only be inconvenienced by the amount of time it takes me to install the system OS on a new drive and re-setup the server. and of course by the amount of time between my backups. (system drives are cloned every day at midnight my time to my NAS, and I pull important files to my main desktop every 3 days or so.) This may seem extreme and yes it is, but I hate losing data for any reason. ***

** I will update my internet connection as soon as my upload speed cannot keep up with the demands external connections are placing on it. IE: As soon as there are so many players on it that the playing experience is hampered by it. **

Server Updates/ Downtime I will update the server every other Monday (this is to ensure that I am off work to do the updates as quickly as possible if there are any.), in the early morning: 5-6am Mountain and will post my plans for maintenance in the server start message. This has the natural caveat that updates can happen if there is a compelling reason to do so, Ie: Square pushes an update which makes the client incompatible with the version the server is running preventing new players from being able to connect to the server, or DSP releases major overhauls to the project which unlocks new missions/ quests / fixes bugs / errors. I will however make certain to inform players of any outages before they occur. And you can be assured that I will have the server up in as timely a fashion as I can.

**** The Move is complete the IP address is the exact same as I only moved about 6 doors down.*****
Last edited by B_Type13X2 on Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:42 am, edited 6 times in total.

whasf
Site Admin

Re: LM Darkstar Project Server

Post by whasf » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:04 pm

May want to get rid of that extra "</profile>" at the top of your code block
-- Whasf

B_Type13X2

Post by B_Type13X2 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:59 pm

whasf wrote:May want to get rid of that extra "</profile>" at the top of your code block
Removed it should be fine now.

Izzac

Post by Izzac » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:56 am

I keep getting an error to update the client when logging in.

B_Type13X2

Post by B_Type13X2 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:09 am

Izzac wrote:I keep getting an error to update the client when logging in.
To anyone experiencing this problem I encourage you to update your client.... It's literally telling you what the issue is, my server is running the latest version of Darkstar, and I update it every monday.

B_Type13X2

Post by B_Type13X2 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:10 pm

Had an unexpected long maintenance on the server today. To elaborate on what occurred, the server box itself went down for an update. It came back online at around 5:00AM MST, everything launched, but for some reason the static IP I set to the server didn't hold through the update, unfortunately I didn't notice this issue until around 11:45am MST due to my hangover from new years. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

t1s

Post by t1s » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:29 am

Great server idea b_type13x2 :) My name is todd and I've been playing on your server for a few hours now and so far I'm loving it. I'm going to bring a couple of friends as well and we all look forward to playing!

However, I have noticed a weird issue while playing. My sword skill is currently level 13 but I do not have access to weapon skills for fast blade as I usually would at this skill level. Have you seen this happening before or do you know of a way to fix it?

B_Type13X2

Post by B_Type13X2 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:24 pm

t1s wrote:Great server idea b_type13x2 :) My name is todd and I've been playing on your server for a few hours now and so far I'm loving it. I'm going to bring a couple of friends as well and we all look forward to playing!

However, I have noticed a weird issue while playing. My sword skill is currently level 13 but I do not have access to weapon skills for fast blade as I usually would at this skill level. Have you seen this happening before or do you know of a way to fix it?

I think I may have fixed the issue today. To be clear this was a mistake on my end, for some reason my backup script was creating another DSPDB sql file, so when I did a server update to a new version of DSP, and then re-input all character values, it was writing over the newly acquired DSP SQL files. Basically the server was having the issue where it was running the old versions Database with the new Database so things like mobs weaponskills were not properly mapped. I fixed this issue this morning and it should no longer be an issue.

Thanks for PMing me to make me aware of the problem, I wish more people would do that when there's an issue because honestly with my work schedule right now, I only have time to pop on the server and level up my crafting abit before I have to log off. If no one tells me theirs an issue, I honestly assume everything is okay.

*Edit* This actually was not a bug with my script, there's a note in it referencing that it clones the whole DB incase I have to do a rollback so I can execute an import bat from 1 location rather then from 2 when reverting to an older version. It was easier at the time to remember to cut and paste the DSPDB generated in the backup folder to its own folder. I've been working alot of nights and auto-piloted my update process forgetting about the DSPDB also being in with the character back ups. So essentially I was updating the server, running an import script to update the DB to the new version then running an import script in the player back ups folder which also contained the old DSPDB in it.

Drakon

Post by Drakon » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:25 am

Wow, this sounds amazing! I'm not very tech savvy though, what do i need to do to join?

Delaide

Post by Delaide » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:00 am

Drakon wrote:Wow, this sounds amazing! I'm not very tech savvy though, what do i need to do to join?
https://wiki.dspt.info/index.php/Config ... our_Client