LM Darkstar Project Server *Back Online*

KrispeyK

Re: LM Darkstar Project Server *MOVE Completed Same IP*

Post by KrispeyK » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:37 pm

I try to log in after creating an account, and it doesn't boot to Pol or anything, just loops back to the login prompt. Any help?
http://www.myera.is
Era Private Server Community
75 Cap

chubchubbz

Post by chubchubbz » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:13 pm

KrispeyK wrote:I try to log in after creating an account, and it doesn't boot to Pol or anything, just loops back to the login prompt. Any help?
i think the server is currently down, i haven't been able to connect since Saturday night, hopefully back up soon.

chubchubbz

Post by chubchubbz » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:09 pm

KrispeyK wrote:I try to log in after creating an account, and it doesn't boot to Pol or anything, just loops back to the login prompt. Any help?
it is back up

B_Type13X2

Post by B_Type13X2 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:14 am

Had an unexpected maintenance, the server itself was up and unresponsive on my network so I shut it down and let it update itself. I figured it would also be a good time to do a fresh server pull and restock the AH again.

I regret the downtime I made it as quick as possible (about 20 minutes I think max.) however hardware eventually needs a reboot.

**** Please if there are issues PM me on this forum don't just post in this thread, that way I can remotely restart the server if it is down. I am a very busy person; and wont know if there is an issue unless I receive a PM, the only reason why I found out there was an issue with the server is because it didn't respond when I was adding another NAS to my network.

Incidentally I don't respond to PM's but I do read them and will attempt to fix the issue, then I will post the fixes themselves in this thread so everyone can see it.****

TLDNR: If the server is down, PM me on these forums I have it set to fire an email to my phone. I will remotely restart it.

whasf
Site Admin

Post by whasf » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:54 pm

B_Type13X2 wrote:Had an unexpected maintenance, the server itself was up and unresponsive on my network so I shut it down and let it update itself. I figured it would also be a good time to do a fresh server pull and restock the AH again.

I regret the downtime I made it as quick as possible (about 20 minutes I think max.) however hardware eventually needs a reboot.

**** Please if there are issues PM me on this forum don't just post in this thread, that way I can remotely restart the server if it is down. I am a very busy person; and wont know if there is an issue unless I receive a PM, the only reason why I found out there was an issue with the server is because it didn't respond when I was adding another NAS to my network.

Incidentally I don't respond to PM's but I do read them and will attempt to fix the issue, then I will post the fixes themselves in this thread so everyone can see it.****

TLDNR: If the server is down, PM me on these forums I have it set to fire an email to my phone. I will remotely restart it.
Sounds like you need to set up some monitoring tools :)
-- Whasf

hobbes2120

Post by hobbes2120 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:21 am

Its dowwwwwnnnn, lol, although I am probably the only player on it a lot of the time, its still a good fit for me learning how to play and what not. Had a couple people show up here and there and we're experiencing the same problems regarding direct damage spells not doing damage. Some of the guys were suppose to tell you about it but in the event that it was not mentioned, it is now.

B_Type13X2

Post by B_Type13X2 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:20 am

I did a fresh pull of server files yesterday. I wrote over the Char_spells.sql file, people will find that they have no spells. You will have to go and relearn the spells, I'm not exactly sure why direct damage spells stopped working, knowing exactly when they stopped working would be helpful, as I would know exactly what server pull/ reset started the problem. Again this comes down to reporting to me when there is a problem as soon as it is occurring otherwise I am just firing off shots and seeing what hits.

hobbes2120

Post by hobbes2120 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:47 am

hello, as far as i can tell, the direct damage spells have not worked since I started on the server. Sorry I didn't report it to you sooner but your server was the second one i've played on ever. Just to clarify, yours is the second ffxi server i have ever played on so I am super noob, lol. Also, trying to figure out where to report it or how was a challenge but now that i know you are active here, I will make a better effort. Going to login and see if the problem has been worked out.

hobbes2120

Post by hobbes2120 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:09 am

Ok, on Rhep, I tried banish, stone and water, on different mobs, still no damage. I thought maybe it might be character related so I made a new one (Myggs). Got him up to level 4 red mage, learned stone, and still no damage. Dia is working fine. Tried stone also on different mobs, same effect, no damage. Hope that helps in some way.

B_Type13X2

Post by B_Type13X2 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:01 am

Looking at the spell problem right now... But in some good news I fixed the problem with windower, now windower works as well as ashita.