Darkstar Official Public Test Server

whasf
Site Admin

Darkstar Official Public Test Server

Post by whasf » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:50 pm

12/30/2017: This is currently offline, but data is preserved! Check out the official oldschool server if you want to play on something vanilla and official.
--------------
Come join the official test server! If you manage to crash it then it will get looked at and most likely fixed.

IP: 45.19.186.87
  • Exp rate: 1.6
  • Speed mod: 10
  • Starting gil: 100
  • Item power: 1.5
80 Inventory, satchel, sack is set on server updates automatically (usually every evening)

Trade your Adventurer Coupon to Reet in Bastok Markets for all maps and airship passes.

We average 10-15 during peak hours. The more the better so we can test with higher populations.

If you're lucky you'll see a GM or two on checking things out!

Come have fun :)
Last edited by whasf on Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Changed IP, updated info
-- Whasf

whasf
Site Admin

Re: Darkstar Official Public Test Server

Post by whasf » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:28 pm

You must have your client fully updated to connect to this server now.
-- Whasf

Kuresu

Post by Kuresu » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:26 pm

Excuse me.

But could you redirect me to a link that can help me setup an account so that i can play on your server?

Hinnoah

Post by Hinnoah » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:57 am

Hello~ sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this, I've looked all over but since I'm brand new to this kind of scene wondering a few things:

Are there constant wipes here?
What exactly is 1.6x exp rate? Does it count ring boosts?
And on this page:
http://kile.dyndns.info:8765/index.php?title=What_Works

I noticed it doesn't match up fully to some of what I've been told does actually work, so how out of date is this? I looked over the SVN stuff but yeah don't fully understand that ^^; Very interested in playing.

I know it's more "just try it out" but normally always good to know what's in store, I know this is mainly for getting things set up and what not, but I would want to try to play around with this with the people who seem to keep everything more update to date compared to some.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:51 am

Hinnoah wrote:Hello~ sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this, I've looked all over but since I'm brand new to this kind of scene wondering a few things:

Are there constant wipes here?
What exactly is 1.6x exp rate? Does it count ring boosts?
And on this page:
http://kile.dyndns.info:8765/index.php?title=What_Works

I noticed it doesn't match up fully to some of what I've been told does actually work, so how out of date is this? I looked over the SVN stuff but yeah don't fully understand that ^^; Very interested in playing.

I know it's more "just try it out" but normally always good to know what's in store, I know this is mainly for getting things set up and what not, but I would want to try to play around with this with the people who seem to keep everything more update to date compared to some.
1. no
2. not sure what your question is asking: if you normally got 200 + 200 for the +100% ring, you'd get 320 + 320 here
3. wiki page is only as up to date as often as people feel like editing it. the svn will be the most accurate place to see changes. word of mouth is probably more accurate than the wiki

Hinnoah

Post by Hinnoah » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:10 pm

kjLotus wrote: 1. no
2. not sure what your question is asking: if you normally got 200 + 200 for the +100% ring, you'd get 320 + 320 here
3. wiki page is only as up to date as often as people feel like editing it. the svn will be the most accurate place to see changes. word of mouth is probably more accurate than the wiki
Alright thanks :) For #2 it was more if the exp you got took into consideration you already have say an emperor ring bonus applied, then it would add 1.6x to that overall since I've heard a few servers doesn't have exp bonuses working. I'll keep an eye on SVN though and edit the wiki pages, thanks!

red206

Post by red206 » Wed May 08, 2013 2:53 am

This server is awesome!! :D Thank You

whasf
Site Admin

Post by whasf » Thu May 09, 2013 6:42 pm

Stuck at an old revision until at least linkshells get sorted out in code. Sorry I haven't been updating it...
-- Whasf

OmegaZero07

Post by OmegaZero07 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:02 am

Hi are we able to play the new job from SoA?