Unable to check for changes

diminish

Unable to check for changes

Post by diminish » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:21 am

While using the DspServerUpdater, i get an error when checking for updates saying "The specified path to the working copy is not valid". I double checked to make sure it was set to C:/dsp. I also then opened the program.log and it said this:

This client is too old to work with the working copy at
'C:\dsp' (format 31).
You need to get a newer Subversion client. For more details, see
http://subversion.apache.org/faq.html#w ... mat-change
at SharpSvn.SvnClientArgs.HandleResult(SvnClientContext client, SvnException error, Object targets)
at SharpSvn.SvnClientArgs.HandleResult(SvnClientContext client, svn_error_t* error, Object targets)
at SharpSvn.SvnClient.Info(SvnTarget target, SvnInfoArgs args, EventHandler`1 infoHandler)
at SharpSvn.SvnClient.GetInfo(SvnTarget target, SvnInfoEventArgs& info)
at DSPServerUpdater.Modules.SVNconnect.getRevInfo(Boolean log)

I visited the website it gave me but didnt really know what to do after that. If anyone can point me in the right direction, i would appreciate it greatly. Thank You Again

Tom_Neverwinter

Re: Unable to check for changes

Post by Tom_Neverwinter » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:27 pm

dspserverupdater has not been updated in a long time, and is incomparable with current builds.
you are going to have to update manually

diminish

Post by diminish » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:25 pm

I relied on the Dsp updater to tell me which tables needed to be backed up or altered or sql files that needed to be manually re-executed. If I do a SVN update and rebuild with VS, will that always fix the database tables correctly? Or will I need to re-execute every sql file everytime I update? Side note, this only seemed to happen after I changed svn to 1.7+ I think....not even sure if that makes senses.

Tom_Neverwinter

Post by Tom_Neverwinter » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:33 pm

I usually just execute the ones that have a time stamp that is on the day and time I updated the svn (time descending)
and for backing up only your char stuff is important.
ie equipment, char, and a few others

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:57 pm

diminish wrote:I relied on the Dsp updater to tell me which tables needed to be backed up or altered or sql files that needed to be manually re-executed. If I do a SVN update and rebuild with VS, will that always fix the database tables correctly? Or will I need to re-execute every sql file everytime I update? Side note, this only seemed to happen after I changed svn to 1.7+ I think....not even sure if that makes senses.
when you go in navicat to execute batch file, sort it by time, and you can easily see which have changed