Issue with search function

diminish

Issue with search function

Post by diminish » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:44 pm

Having some trouble with a friend trying to /sea all and check items on Auction House on my server. The search always comes back failed. Now I personally don't have any issues doing a /sea all or checking the Auction House, and one other player confirmed the search function works for him as well. (Small server, or I would have asked more players lol) Anyways the guy that could not do a search on my server, logged into the dsp test server and was able to do a search there. Just curious if maybe I built my server wrong or something. I did tell him to update his client, but that didn't help. Thanks again for all the help and info.

xangelvalera

Re: Issue with search function

Post by xangelvalera » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:57 pm

Please help with that! its me Empire lol :lol:

atom0s
Developer

Post by atom0s » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:58 pm

Make sure your search server configuration is correct and that it is running. (Be sure to open the ports etc.)

whasf
Site Admin

Post by whasf » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:11 am

If you are having people connect to your server with a DNS name, and the player is using an old pol.exe or mXI then they won't be able to connect to the search server to do /sea or use the auction house. Have them try ashita + the pol.exe that is somewhere in "configuring your client" in the forums.
-- Whasf

diminish

Post by diminish » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:53 am

Sweet, thanks for the info atom0s and whasf. I will check into both, and recommend them using Ashita