Query for zone_settings

cbk41

Re: Query for zone_settings

Post by cbk41 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:17 pm

So again no luck after the .DAT deletion and file repair. I'm going to uninstall, and make sure to clean out the registry entries and make it as clean as possible.

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:55 pm

Hopefully you also corrected the path related error sitting in your screenshot.
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS

cbk41

Post by cbk41 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:30 pm

Yup! Thank you all so much for all your help ITT and everyone's work on the Darkstar Project. Love it so much. Hope to bring back good news.

cbk41

Post by cbk41 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:11 am

So weird stuff. My file repair ended in an 1153 (not the first time it happened). I went to go do a check immediately after and it returned no problems. Then I went and deleted 1 DAT file and did another repair. Tried to boot everything up and this is what I happened:

This has happened before, the ffxi installer popping up, but with a regular playonline boot in an earlier attempt.

Now I should mention that this Windows 7 install, while fresh, WAS ontop of a Vista install that I had previously had tried to get a client/server tandem going. I didn't format the drive before installing again. This time around I did clean up the registry at every chance I could during the process, but still have this crap going on.

The installer would hang, until you cancelled it a few times and repeat what it was doing beforehand.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:40 am

you still haven't fixed the bootfile

cbk41

Post by cbk41 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:08 pm

What aspect do I need to fix about it? If you are talking about the --hairpin command I've tried it and it still crashes. If you are talking about the 'unknown command argument' for the boot file, I've tried it in several locations and I don't know what is wrong with it. pol.exe is there.

demolish
Developer

Post by demolish » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:07 pm

cbk41 wrote:What aspect do I need to fix about it? If you are talking about the --hairpin command I've tried it and it still crashes. If you are talking about the 'unknown command argument' for the boot file, I've tried it in several locations and I don't know what is wrong with it. pol.exe is there.
kjLotus wrote:
forgottenandlost wrote:"found unknown command argument"....
boot file: (...)program files(...) <-- bad
boot file: "(...) program files(...)" <-- good

if it has spaces, it needs quotes
<Giblet[NewBrain]> kj with this first step would be fine on my shit
Click here for a guide on scripting missions.

cbk41

Post by cbk41 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:38 pm

demolish wrote:
cbk41 wrote:What aspect do I need to fix about it? If you are talking about the --hairpin command I've tried it and it still crashes. If you are talking about the 'unknown command argument' for the boot file, I've tried it in several locations and I don't know what is wrong with it. pol.exe is there.
kjLotus wrote:
forgottenandlost wrote:"found unknown command argument"....
boot file: (...)program files(...) <-- bad
boot file: "(...) program files(...)" <-- good

if it has spaces, it needs quotes
Alright, I'll give it a try after I build the server and update the client again. I did a fresh install of W7 a little while ago on a clean drive. So I just need to put quotes around the directory to the boot file?

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:46 pm

probably

not sure why you had to change it from the default, though

cbk41

Post by cbk41 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:42 pm

FINALLY! Got everything working smoothly. The problem was indeed the directory path, but quotes around the paths with spaces in them didn't fix it. All I had to do was load Ashita to a directory path without spaces ( C:/Ashita/) and it worked no problem.

I 2 more quick question for you guys though: how do I go about setting blue magic outside of the UI menu? I've done some searches around here and haven't found anything. And what about Trust Magic?