Cannot get past [Warning] Client cannot receive packet

aizenmyou

Cannot get past [Warning] Client cannot receive packet

Post by aizenmyou » Thu May 16, 2013 1:55 pm

I followed the build instructions from the Linux (Setup) post and updated the zoneIP (1237653464) to my external IP (216.23.197.73).
Accounts and characters get created but getting the "[Warning] Client cannot receive packet or key is invalid" is every time so far. (At least 20 tries between 2 people on two separate networks),

I can connect to the DarkStar Test server w/o issues and play, but it seems this is the only server I am able to connect too. I was about to connect to my friend's server a few days ago but after compiling mine and trying to connect i can no longer connect to his.

I even svn co the 3336 revision that the DarkStar Test is running and I still get this issue. I know typically this is the blowfish issue but is there something else that is needed to be done somewhere not listed in the guides?

I'm running Ashita and he is running FFXI-boot.
Also, the client receives "error 3301, no response from server" even though the server is parsing packets from the client "[Info] parse: 00A | 000F 0001 2E from user"

PrBlahBlahtson
Developer

Re: Cannot get past [Warning] Client cannot receive packet

Post by PrBlahBlahtson » Thu May 16, 2013 3:24 pm

Pandemonium, huh?

I'd make sure your ports are open on the router, etc. Your zoneip looks correct for the provided IP address. I'm also assuming started the server after the zoneip was set, since SQL data is pretty much only loaded at startup.

aizenmyou

Post by aizenmyou » Thu May 16, 2013 4:41 pm

Ports should be open. I also had the IP set to the internal LAN IP and had the exact same issue... :(
Yeah I was a Pande player back in the day lol

aizenmyou

Post by aizenmyou » Fri May 17, 2013 12:44 pm

I just compiled this same SVN # in windows and I can connect with no issues. So this points to a possible issue in the Linux code base.
Any ideas?

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Fri May 17, 2013 2:04 pm

aizenmyou wrote:I just compiled this same SVN # in windows and I can connect with no issues. So this points to a possible issue in the Linux code base.
Any ideas?
that's what i thought...

i don't actually compile the server with linux, so i don't know

most of our linux people are vacationing

aizenmyou

Post by aizenmyou » Fri May 17, 2013 9:46 pm

Ouch, guess I'll have to wait for them to return :(
I guess I should also mention I'm using Slackware 14 x64 (Current). Guess I'll work on fixing other issues like Ifrits and Ro'Maeve crashing clients until the Linux devs return.