Trigger.sql and visual studio problems

Ryukishi

Trigger.sql and visual studio problems

Post by Ryukishi » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:20 pm

I'm not sure if the trigger.sql file worked, as it does not appear in the tables section of navicat. However, when I did the troubleshoot, all the requirements were met. All the information was accurate in the accounts table and char table. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be in the tables section under the dspdb section. This might have affected the query I attempted as well. I tried using visual studio basic 2010 Express to upload the DSConnect-server.snl but an error box appeared saying "'C:\dsp\win32\DSConnect-server\DSConnect-server.vcxproj' cannot be opened because its project type (.vcxproj) is not supported by this version of the application. To open it, please use a version that supports this type of project. I thought I was following the guide correctly and I'm not sure what went wrong.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Re: Trigger.sql and visual studio problems

Post by kjLotus » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:38 pm

triggers.sql doesn't make any tables, so no triggers table is normal

some quick googling tells me that you might not have installed visual studio 2010 for c++, which might be why VS 2010 isn't working for you

Ryukishi

Re: Trigger.sql and visual studio problems

Post by Ryukishi » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:10 pm

I don't think c++ installed because it said I have a higher version already on it. I don't know exactly how I can uninstall it to install the necessary c++ program.