Problem VS 2013 and Game_server

rstonemetz

Problem VS 2013 and Game_server

Post by rstonemetz » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:49 pm

Ok not sure if it is just me or if anyone else has caught this problem.

So yesterday I ran a pull to update my sever, apparently there has been a lot of changes. I went thru and relinked everything but the Character and account .sql's in Navicat. using Visual Studios 2013 I redid the Login server and search server no problems. but the map server I keep running into a

Debug assertion Failed!

Program: C:\windows\system32\MSVCP120D.dll
File: c:\program files (x86)\Microsoft visual studio 12.0\vc\include\xstring
line 1265

expression; invalid null pointer

for information on how your program can cause an assertion failure, see the visual C++ documentation on asserts

(Press Retry to debug the application)

I a few hours using Google (to the dismay of my wife) trying to figure this out (I really have no clue about coding, Trying to get a friend to teach me some basics so I can go from there) best I could find at this point was that something was pointing to null and crating the error. Anyways this is what I'm looking at in the debugger tool, Lines 1263 - 1267

1263 _Myt& insert(size_type _Off, const _Elem *_Ptr)
1264 { // insert [_Ptr, <null>) at _Off
1265 _DEBUG_POINTER(_Ptr);
1266 return (insert(_Off, _Ptr, _Traits::length(_Ptr)));
1267 }

To be honest I'm not even sure where to begin on this, I've tried doing another update today and still running into the same problem. any direction or assistance would be appreciated.

Druisk

Re: Problem VS 2013 and Game_server

Post by Druisk » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:08 pm

I'm having the same issue also :(

rstonemetz

Post by rstonemetz » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:12 pm

I tried to search it earlier in these forums and only saw the Linux issues, Redid the search and found another post regarding it where kjLotus recommended Re-importing all of the tables, the guy said it seemed to fix the problem. Which means I'll have to probably hand write all the character info Just to make sure I don't lose that info, My friend would drive 8+ hours to slap me lol

So I'm going to try to copy it all into Excel for reference and redo all the tables. see if that works.

rstonemetz

Post by rstonemetz » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:27 pm

Sorry for the duplicate post this issue was resolved before not sure how I missed the original post, but re-importing all the tables does work.

Shadowreaper

Post by Shadowreaper » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:23 pm

I'm having trouble getting my new server up and running, and I'm getting the same error as above, along with another in regards to the character list.

I've not built my server twice in an attempt to get it going, and I've following the instructions to a T. The servers are all running on a Windows 7 64-bit PC, and I've installed the game and client to another Windows 7 64-bit PC. Both are on the same network (192.168.xxx.xxx), and I've forwarded ports to server so my friends can eventually access. The server starts without issue, the game client (Ashita) connects and starts the game, but after character creation I start to see problems.

When I create a new character, the game begins to load and then freezes at Acquiring PlayOnline character list.
http://www.ratnutpail.com/FFXIErrors/Client%201-1.png

This is immediately followed by two errors:
http://www.ratnutpail.com/FFXIErrors/Client%201-2.png
http://www.ratnutpail.com/FFXIErrors/Client%201-3.png

At which point, Ashita crashes. When I look at the server, you can see the character never transferred to the Game server:
http://www.ratnutpail.com/FFXIErrors/Server%201-1.png

After this, I relaunch Ashita and try connecting again. The character is still there and seems to get connected. You can see in this picture, the character now transfers to the Game server, but immediately crashes with the error that started this thread:
http://www.ratnutpail.com/FFXIErrors/Server%202-1.png
http://www.ratnutpail.com/FFXIErrors/Server%202-2.png

At which point, my client gives me the following error code:
http://www.ratnutpail.com/FFXIErrors/Client%202-1.png

Now, I've attempted all sorts of fixes I've found searching the forums. I've re-added the databases (both manually and via the script). I've rebuilt the servers with Visual Studio. I've uninstalled and reinstalled only the recommended Visual C++ 2013. I've tried the IP Zone under both my external address and my internal LAN address. And finally, as I said above, I rebuilt the server again from the ground up. I still get the same issues.

Help! haha, please of course!
Any recommendations would be most helpful.

atom0s
Developer

Post by atom0s » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:49 pm

Pull the source again and make sure that you do a full recompile of everything.
Next, make sure that you fully reimport your database from the default SQL files.

Shadowreaper

Post by Shadowreaper » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:38 pm

I'm actually starting again from complete scratch, and I mean complete. Windows is currently re-installing and I will try building the server again from the ground up.

Let's see how it likes this!

Shadowreaper

Post by Shadowreaper » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:29 pm

Well, can't say I didn't try it! I rebuilt everything starting from reinstalling Win 7 and going all through the installation guide again. Still the same problem as above, getting that darn Visual C++ error.

Again, tried re-importing database, setting zoneIP, and cleaning/rebuilding code. No luck, error continues. Perhaps it just doesn't like my "server" tower. :lol:

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:11 pm

Shadowreaper wrote:Well, can't say I didn't try it! I rebuilt everything starting from reinstalling Win 7 and going all through the installation guide again. Still the same problem as above, getting that darn Visual C++ error.

Again, tried re-importing database, setting zoneIP, and cleaning/rebuilding code. No luck, error continues. Perhaps it just doesn't like my "server" tower. :lol:
drop your database, git pull and reimport all your tables again (well just the character ones really) because the repo got updated with more character creation shit again

Shadowreaper

Post by Shadowreaper » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:12 pm

Recently? I mean, I rebuilt yesterday... so... haha
I'll give it a go in a little bit.