Help With Connection Testing Please (NAT Reflection Issues)

fnx

Re: Help With Connection Testing Please (NAT Reflection Issu

Post by fnx » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:00 pm

It's definitely a client setup issue completely reinstalled FFIX and went through the horribly slow patch process T_T ... Everything is set to run as admin windower/ashita/xiloader but still can't get past the login server either local or internet. Probably do fresh Windows install Monday and see what happens.

Delaide

Post by Delaide » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:12 pm

Just a quick question. When you run xiloader, are you on windows? And, when you run anything, does it prompt for admin? Because I have found xiloader will crash if you get the screen flash when it asks for admin access will crash xiloader. One reason I ran a prompt once script before running anything else at all.

fnx

Post by fnx » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:17 am

I'm on Win10 and Win7 with an Administer account and UAC off on both. Xiloader/windower/ashita are all set to run as administrator under the compatibility tab and it never crashes just fails to connect to the map server after successfully logging into connect server. Both systems stopped working at the same time which is why I originally thought it to be a router update issue, but am now starting to thing it was a windows update or antivirus glitch. (others are able to log in from outside my network and use the server just fine)

fnx

Post by fnx » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:01 pm

Managed to take a few hours to reinstall Win10, drivers and FFXI and lo-and-behold it works again...
Starting to lean towards Avast Anti-Virus being the culprit as it is the only common denominator between the Win7 and Win10 client machines.
Am now slowly reinstalling everything else with constant reboots and FFXI checking to see what exactly borked my systems.

Thanks again to everyone who helped! ! !