Server update issues

Jwalte7262

Server update issues

Post by Jwalte7262 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:36 pm

I am trying to update my server files and database without losing all of my character data. I downloaded the new master copy of the files. Recompiled the server. Erased the Sql files associated with the character and account data. Then ran script to update the database. After fixing all of the settings, I try to run. /dsgame, I get a ton of errors for Mobs, treasure chests, Npcs, and tomes. When I run the game there is no one but my character in the game. I have read another thread that said the problem was the database did not update correctly. I tried to rerun the database scripts, but it didn't fix my issue.

After my issue, I erased the new files and recompiled the files I downloaded over a year ago (they were from the test suite. I had issues with the master files while compiling). I also copied the old database file back in w/o the character and account data file. This worked and I restored my server back to its old functioning ways.

I'm running the server on Ubuntu if that makes a difference. Any ideas will help. Thank you.

James

whasf
Site Admin

Re: Server update issues

Post by whasf » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:42 pm

The Linux build has always been tricksy
-- Whasf

Jwalte7262

Re: Server update issues

Post by Jwalte7262 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:03 pm

I got the new master build to work. I will share my experience. After I recompiled the new master build, and ran the script to update the database (minus the character data) I still had issues where none of the mobs or npcs would load. I reset my server and restarted the./dsgame and this time everything seemed to load perfectly. I'm guessing the restart allowed mysql to do something that allowed the database to update fully or implemented the changes I had made. A new issue arose when I logged a character in. I was in a MOG house with no mobile and my characters graphics were distorted. I couldn't exit or homecoming. I also had no equipment. When I checked the logs there were a ton of errors loading my character from the database. I figure this was because I was on such an old database version before that some fields had to have changed. To the dismay of the players on my server I had to wipe out the character info and load the new character database. Afterward I reset the server again and everything runs fine.

I hope this helps anyone else who has this experience.