Moghouse Moogle / GM Commands

RedRum

Moghouse Moogle / GM Commands

Post by RedRum » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:03 am

Hello, first timer here to pretty much everything other than playing ffxi on retail and other peoples servers... First off to the team, thank you for all the resources and hard work that was clearly put into all of this at DS.

I'm new to setting up servers and learning as I go here, so be gentle. As mentioned, I had been playing on a private server prior to this attempt at making my own solo player server. I though I might have had some conflicting settings, so I removed all previous files from said private server, reinstalled ffxi, and followed the steps in building the dark star server fresh. Game is very much playable.

First: I have no house moogle. Every entry as a new player into the mog houses ends up in a rental house, with no moogle, and limits mog house options. Is this a quest related thing or did I mess something up in settings? I've always remembered the moogle being there from the start.

Second: GM Commands not working. I've followed the guide in how to set myself as a GM, and still nothing. @togglegm doesn't trigger anything even when my character is set a level 4. Tried level 5 and still nothing. In game I had been using CTRL>S>@togglegm to try and activate the gm flag and got nothing. Am I even attempting to use the gm commands correctly?

Edit: Resolved the Search Server issue.

Overall, all everything else seems to work fine and adjustments to settings take no problems. I thought I was being really careful when goofing around in the setting.
Any guidance would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!

whasf
Site Admin

Re: Moghouse Moogle / GM Commands

Post by whasf » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:34 pm

1. Update again and you should have moogles back. There is an update to the chars table so either make the edit yourself or run the .sql and start over
2. GM commands use ! now instead of @ (was conflicting with discord mentions)
-- Whasf

RedRum

Re: Moghouse Moogle / GM Commands

Post by RedRum » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:49 pm

Thank you for the reply.

All is well now. I had missed a step early, and after re-installing everything, its working perfectly.
And yah, the @ vs ! thing... I must have missed that part. haha

Thanks again.

-Red