After launching xiloader Tries to install Playonline why?

alloy

After launching xiloader Tries to install Playonline why?

Post by alloy » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:14 pm

THe game is already installed and updated i have tried with ashita windower and by command line all have the same result windows tries to install the game -_-... help

wadski

Re: After launching xiloader Tries to install Playonline wh

Post by wadski » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:02 am

you need to add in <executable>xiloader.exe</executable> to your windower settings xml

alloy

Post by alloy » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:51 pm

Nah it was something else, i went over the setup like 50 times it was some other problem with the installation. I finally fixed it by activating my old character and updating the game the regular way. Which is kinda drastic since i just wanted to test something now i have a month to play ffxi again xD.

I installed the game with the installer on the pol website, at first i updated it the regular dsp way and kept on getting the same error until pol forced the post login update after i reactivated that fixed all the issues even with dsp.

One thing i noticed is that the the ultimate seekers installer makes an EU install, even the registry tags are EU, EVEN if you download from the US site, and i had to run the UStools manually to make the game accept my window and controller settings cause all the links in the windows start button are for the EU tools.

This took me like 3 hours of re-installations and hair pulling.

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:53 pm

pol setup launches when pol detect its in a busted state which it can't do if its not running. xiloader bypasses pol's normal exe completely so if you were running xiloader it'd prolly have instant crashed (instant close instead of logging into game) instead of popping that installer.
even the registry tags are EU, EVEN if you download from the US site
North American / US region (recommended)
Great Britain / European / EU region
[ur=http://www.playonline.com/ff11/download ... l_win.html]Japanese / JP region[/url]
I have even managed to get all 3 installed at the same time before. Never once have I had one region set up another regions registry keys without my running an exe from a different one first. Maaaybe OS you're on might or language settings in ashita or windower could trigger some craziness, my copy on windblows ahem Windows is US/NA region and my region+language settings for ashita and the loader match the install(s) ;)

Glad you got sorted anyhow.
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS