Failed to connect to server

Neko

Failed to connect to server

Post by Neko » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:23 pm

Hello,

First, let me congratulate you on such an amazing job on this project. It's such a pleasure to be able to play FFXI with friends again and it's all thanks to you.

I managed to compile the server and make it work in LAN. But when i try to use public address, i constantly get "Failed to connect to server" on Xiloader.

Here is what i did to change from LAN connexion to Public connexion:
- Put my public IP address on zoneip in zone_settings
- Change the Settings.xml with my public IP after --server
- Add the --hairpin args in Settings.xml
- Open ports 54001 (TCP), 54002 (TCP), 54230 (TCP/UDP), 54231 (TCP) and redirect them to my local address (192.168.1.3) where the server is running.
- Shutdown my firewalls (on router and on computer) before each tests.

But all i get when running xiloader is "Failed to connect to server!". No reaction from the DSConnect-server either.

Do you know what else i could do to try to make it work? :)

whasf
Site Admin

Re: Failed to connect to server

Post by whasf » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:22 am

When you are internal on the LAN that has the server, you should put the internal IP in your settings.xml. The --hairpin will do the rest. People on the internet should use your external Internet IP.
-- Whasf

Neko

Post by Neko » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:45 am

Thanks a lot! It's working perfectly!
It was so easy i'm ashamed that i didn't think about it. :lol:

Keep up the good work, this project is a really nice job.

Neko

Post by Neko » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:00 am

Hello,

I will not create another thread for my new problem. Sorry to bother you with this, but even after searching on the forum and the troubleshooting guide i can't find a solution.

This time, i can get someone from outside my LAN to log into the server, i can connect with this player and everything is going fine.

But when another player try to connect, there is no connexion established with the DSGame-Server. DSConnect-server is working fine, the player can create an account, log in, create a character... but as soon as they get to Downloading Data, nothing... Error POL3001. Their character is on, but there is no communication with DSGame-Server and obviously they can't play.

The 'zoneip' is correct (another player from outside the LAN can log in), i tried to !posfix their char, they get to Jeuno but it doesn't change anything. We tried to wait 5min for the session to shutdown, or even to delete it from the account_session table, but to no avail.

I don't know what else i can try. It seems their computer don't connect with the DSGame-server, but i can't see why.
If it helps, this player is on Win10 and we had to activate DirectPlay to get past the DSConnect-Server.